Jambands.ca

Go Leafs Go - Fan Forum

Kanada Kev

WOW! Another win! This sure is a fun roll to be on. Great to see so many players stepping up. Well balanced and well COACHED team right now.

T Kaberle kicks ass! Talk about be on fire right now. 17pts in 19 games ... better than Pronger :)

I hope the 5 day break doesn't cool them all off.

8465200.jpgh111142.jpg

Edited by Guest

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't know that Kaberle knew where the net was all these years. Great to finally see him producing.

And big up Mat Stajin, I remember when he got drafted. Me and Hal Johnson were at a bar with his sister, Matt comes in and Hal in a very inibriated state leans in close to him and says, "You better win us a fuckin cup"

Priceless.

Kubina had a C-Section????:D

Kubina ready to return to Leafs lineup

11/14/2006 2:48:03 PM

kubina_60917.jpg

TORONTO (CP) - Pavel Kubina finally returns to the lineup and Jean-Sebastien Aubin gets a second straight goaltending start when the Toronto Maple Leafs play the Bruins in Boston on Thursday night.

A knee injury and a caesarean section complicated Kubina's life for the last five weeks, but now he's ready to play hockey again.

more ....

http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=184303&hubname=

Edited by Guest

http://tsn.ca/nhl/feature/?fid=10460&hubname=

November 14th update:

Toronto Maple Leafs

Practice Lines

Forwards:

Wellwood - Peca - Tucker

Antropov - Battaglia - Poni

Stajan - Oneil - Kilger

Pohl - Suglobov - Steen

Defence:

McCabe - Kaberle

Bell - Kubina

White - Gill

Harrison - Kronwall

Goal: Aubin

Tellquist

Notes: Mats Sundin skated by himself before Tuesday's practice without the puck. Andrew Raycroft skated on his own in full equipment after practice, but he will not play on Thursday. The team did various 2-on-1's with one D man joining the rush. They also worked on 3-on-2's with D man joining and several horeshoe drill variations and 2 on 0's. The Leafs had 25 bodies on the ice today including Sundin and Raycroft. Tellqvist is still on the IR and they may have to make a roster move for him to backup on Thursday in Boston. - TSN

I figured there might as well be one .

Should be interesting if Maurice sends out the Tucker/Peca/Wellwood line. What are they going to call it? The Peewee Line ... The Midget Line ... sorry, i can't think of anything too creative right now.

Snap/Crackle/Pop Line?

Kilger O'Neill Stajan could be the K-OS line :P

I'll never understand why Boston updated their jerseys back in the 80's. The Bruins' throwback jerseys looked fantastic last night. I wish for the days of Cam, Stan, Terry, Bobby and Rick.

You're right. The only reason they mess with the jerseys is to sell more merch. The "third" Boston jersey is simply brutal:

p265355reg.jpg

The days of the Bruins meeting the Habs in the playoffs EVERY year, back in the late 70s and early 80s were awesome! They would always be a killer matchup, go long, and the Habs would usually win .

Later . ..

Kanada Kev =8)

Let's hope the one-pointer in Boston has shaken off the rust and that they'll be ready to go against the Devils tonight.

I can't believe it, but I'm actually going to be at the Monster Trucks in Hamilton tonight!!! My kid loves 'em :) Hopefully i can stay away from any news on the score and I'll watch the game on the PVR when i get home.

GO LEAFS GO

Later . . .

Kanada Kev =8)

Belak = setup man??? Sorry, but i think it must've been something strange with the cosmos last night (new moon?) in order to have Belak setup such a sweet pass that resulted in a goal :)

Strange ebb and flow to the game last night. It was kind of slow and sluggish, then kicked into high gear a few times. The Islanders aren't nearly as bad as I thought they were either. DiPietro made some pretty amazing saves as well.

Good to see Raycroft back so quickly and looking solid. Now, with the schedule coming up, i hope they don't play Raycroft too much. Let him and Aubin platoon it for a while.

Tucker's goal was awesome! Man, did he pick that corner with the one-timer or what? I also liked how Maurice tossed Tucker on the PK once they had a lead and he generated a scoring chance or two.

GO LEAFS GO

http://tsn.ca/nhl/feature/?fid=10460&hubname=

November 22nd update:

(Sports Network) - The Toronto Maple Leafs try to close the gap in the Northeast Division tonight when they head across the border to visit the Buffalo Sabres at HSBC Arena.

Entering the night's action the Sabres, with 35 points, are seven ahead of the second-place Leafs in the Northeast race.

Toronto ended a two-game slide on Monday, toppling the visiting Islanders, 4-2. Kyle Wellwood led the effort with a goal and an assist.

John Pohl, Darcy Tucker and Alexei Ponikarovsky also scored, while Nik Antropov added two helpers for the Maple Leafs.

Goaltender Andrew Raycroft, who had sat out the last three games with a groin injury, returned to the lineup and finished with 19 saves.

The Leafs, who are 6-2-2 on the road, will visit Washington on Friday.

Buffalo, meanwhile, is coming off a remarkable 7-2 win over visiting Tampa Bay on Monday. The Sabres scored all seven of their goals in the second period.

Paul Gaustad scored a career-high two goals with an assist to spearhead the effort. Thomas Vanek also netted a pair of goals for the Sabres, who had lost two of their previous three games. Jiri Novotny, Jaroslav Spacek and Chris Drury also scored, and Ales Kotalik added three assists.

Goaltender Ryan Miller stopped 24-of-26 shots.

The Sabres, who are 7-2-1 on home ice, will host Montreal on Friday.

Toronto handed Buffalo a 4-1 loss on November 4 at HSBC Arena, marking one of the Sabres' three regulation defeats this season.

The Leafs ended a two-game series losing streak with that victory.

Buffalo Sabres: First line LW Hecht is a scratch due to an inner ear problem that is affecting his equilibrium. Interesting development considering Hecht took a headshot late in Saturday's game against the Sens. Rookie Mike Ryan has been recalled from Rochester and will take Hecht's roster spot. - TSN

Edited by Guest

Sundin could be back as early as Saturday vs. Boston!!!!

sundin_62189.jpg

Darren Dreger

11/21/2006 11:26:30 AM

The Toronto Maple Leafs will know later this week whether or not Mats Sundin will be ready to return to the lineup on the weekend.

Sources tell TSN the Leafs captain had an MRI on Monday to update the status of a slight ligament tear in his right elbow suffered two weeks ago.

The test results showed the healing process is on, or slightly ahead of schedule, which means Sundin could be ready to return on Saturday versus the Boston Bruins.

However, Toronto will not rush Sundin back, so if he feels any level of discomfort in his rehab this week, his return will be pushed back.

Following weekend action, the Maple Leafs will once again host the Bruins on Tuesday.