Jambands.ca

YHF VS. A Ghost Is Born

ever since Yankee Hotel Foxtrot came out I thought it was the quintessential Wilco album...

loved Ghost is born when it first came out but def didn't think it was up there with YHF....

i've been really into Ghost is Born for the past 2 days (listened to the whole album on a long drive and at the GYM)...and i think , imo is a much stronger album.

gotta go with YHF here. I think they'll kinda be seen as two peas in a pod but the production style of YHF is still so fresh and focused. AGIB is far more self-indulgent. Song by song, I'd say they're probably neck in neck but for a more succesfully stated aesthetic, YHF trumps AGIB.

yankee.hotel.foxtrot.

yankee.hotel.foxtrot.

yankee.hotel.foxtrot.

yankee.hotel.foxtrot.

yankee.hotel.foxtrot.

yankee.hotel.foxtrot.

yankee.hotel.foxtrot.

yankee.hotel.foxtrot.

yankee.hotel.foxtrot.

etc...

etc...

they're both incredible albums, but i think YHF is the masterpiece of the 2. edit: scratch that - of their catalogue.

any fans of these albums should seriously be checking out Jim O'rourke and all he's been involved in, if they havent already.

Edited by Guest

I think YHF means a lot more to me. While they are both UNBELIEVEABLE pieces of music, YHF really turns my crank when it comes to special meanings and all that...

"...distance has a way, of making love, understandable..." love it

And I agree with scottieking, YHF is a lot more ground breaking and career defining than AGIB...however on the other hand, with AGIB Wilco managed to meet (and for some exceed) high expectations of having to follow YHF...still for me its YHF

YHF! YHF! YHF!

all the way, baby. it's the album that turned me onto wilco in the first place, and while a ghost is born is a great album, it doesn't compare to the studio masterpiece that yankee hotel foxtrot is, in my opinion. it just clicks along awesomely. i LOVE it!