Jambands.ca

water drama

phorbesie

people sure love to overreact!!!

we can't drink the tap water right now in vancouver because storms>landslides>reservoir contamination.

all you gotta do is boil yer water for one minute though. however, stores are all selling out of bottled water, and the newspaper has stories of customers 'grappling' over the water and shows line-ups of hundreds to buy stores of water.

what a joke! just boil the water you lazy dumbasses!

i will say i was a little disappointed that starbucks was not serving coffee due to this. yes, that's right, NO STARBUCKS! the horror! :)

I'd head straight to the beer store (does BC have the equivalent of Ontario's Beer Stores and LCBO stores?) and stock up, making sure to get a wide range of brands/styles, as I really don't know which one would work best with Colgate Total toothpaste...

Aloha,

Brad

all you gotta do is boil yer water for one minute though

You'll probally want to boil your water longer then one minute, considering some viruses, toxins & parasites (e.g. giardia) can survive past the boiling point.

When my ex & I took our outdoor survival course it was recommended we boil our water for a minimum of ten minutes. This was also the recommendation given to us when we backpacked through the Yukon up to the artic circle.

thanks for the info!

the news was telling us one minute, but i'll start boiling it longer now.

:)

I believe the safe range is five minutes really (5-10 anyway), but its always better safe then sorry. I've also read conflicting accounts about giardia (for example) that state it dies before the boiling point, but again, I rather wait a few more minutes then get beaver fever. Of course, this was for lakes, rivers, ponds (still waters) etc.

thanks for the info!

the news was telling us one minute' date=' but i'll start boiling it longer now.

:)[/quote']

I believe the safe range is five minutes really (5-10 anyway), but its always better safe then sorry. I've also read conflicting accounts about giardia (for example) that state it dies before the boiling point, but again, I rather wait a few more minutes then get beaver fever. Of course, this was for lakes, rivers, ponds (still waters) etc.

you would probably do well to run it through a coffee filter first....if it's as bad as they say, then a lot of the particulate (dirt etc) in the water is providing habitat for the bacteria. filter & boil for 5 minutes & you oughta be fine.

sheesh. sure hope they get this fixed soon, i can't remember a major urban centre having this sort of water trouble...