Jambands.ca

Spades in T.O. this Wednesday

Dr. J

That's right.

Before this ole year ends, James and the lads will make a couple of rare visits to the Big Smoke.

Up close and personal.

Wednesday, Nov.29

&

Wednesday, Dec.27

@ the Cameron House

10:00 pm

No opener this Wednesday. The band will begin with an acoustic set and then fire it up a few degrees from there.

Hope some folks can make it out.

A little dark (and out of sync) but here's a

from Fri. nite at the MoHo.

hey KevO...cowboy...guess what?

They've now got an actual Women's Washroom at the MoHo...yeah...go figure hehe and I think mooose was there for the historic unveiling.

hey guigsy, this one's for you, buddy (well, actually it's for everyone) a rarity. A song written for a friend of the band (who was killed in a hiking accident, I believe) and until recently seldom played live. I assume the young lady at the end musta been a friend of Benny's.

My last clip :) Enjoy.

"One day when we're not as strained

We'll build momuments in no one's name

And we won't idolize nothing

We can't give away or leave behind"

"and the wars....will be over and done

Flowers planted in guns

As if the hippies won...."

hey guigsy, this one's for you, buddy (well, actually it's for everyone) a rarity. A song written for a friend of the band (who was killed in a hiking accident, I believe) and until recently seldom played live. I assume the young lady at the end musta been a friend of Benny's.

My last clip :) Enjoy.

"One day when we're not as strained

We'll build momuments in no one's name

And we won't idolize nothing

We can't give away or leave behind"

"and the wars....will be over and done

Flowers planted in guns

As if the hippies won...."

I can't make out the lyrics on that clip but I'm wondering if that song is about this one guy in particular. A guy I knew from Trent who passed away at the end of July. His name was Phil and he was from the far north. He was a great guy, solid, passionate, very attuned to nature. He died while breaking a world record for the longest single rope repel.. 4000 feet. No one else in his group died, and how it happened remains mostly mystery.

I can't make out the lyrics on that clip but I'm wondering if that song is about this one guy in particular.

Not sure KevO. They refer to the lad as Benny.

My word, the Spades are awesome. I could almost make it there on Wednesday, too.

hey Rev, if you make it in Wed nite, bring me a SYB t-shirt (Sm or Med). Tell James to cough up the cash and to chalk it up as an early Xmas gift for his dear ole dad haha :P woulda loved to have seen a Bucks/Spades show go down at the Montreal House, but alas.......

Hey Kevoo, The guy who passesd away is Ben Byrick ( he is my best Friend). You remeber him, when you went to Trent and we would come over toyour and Andrews house for all those wickked parties!! We seen you at Coventry!! you remember Benny!! Hope all is well, all prolly see ya at some shows when your home!!

Brennan Drumm

Edited by Guest

just rolling in from Toronto (by way of Peterborough). Sweet night indeed!

Nice to have some time to hang with the Rev and finally put a face to the radio voice. Really enjoyed it. Have yerself a good one tonite, my friend!

Shit! sorry i miseed you Jakis. I was keeping an eye out, I really was, but I guess my memory for faces isn't as good as I thought it was. Glad you made it out though. BTW your call on the venue was bang on! I thought the sound was superb.

Musically....the breakout of the Iggy Pop tune in Preservatives knocked me on my ass....didn't see that coming....and seldom have I heard a crowd erupt in applause and cheering in the middle of a ballad as they did last nite in Silver Ships. Cool (Benny woulda been proud Tha D Funk)

Toronto is a little out of my show range (that's the first show Ive seen the band play there), but I was so taken by the venue that weather permitting, I'm seriously thinking of hitting up the Dec show there. Right now tho, time for some rest.......