Jambands.ca

Liposuction byproduct- greening the future

Davey Boy 2.0

[Norwegian twisted genius] Lauri Venøy wants to use the product created from liposuction to develop bio-diesel.

Bio-diesel can be produced from plant oils and/or animal fat, and the Norwegian sees the scheme as a renewable energy source, newspaper Dagens Nærinsgliv reports.

More than sixty percent of Americans are overweight and the Norwegian's firm in Miami, Florida is in the process of signing an agreement with US hospital giant Jackson Memorial. This deal would give Venøy & Co. around 11,500 liters of human fat a week from liposuction operations, which is enough to produce about 10,000 liters of bio-diesel.

"Maybe we should urge people to eat more so we can create more raw material for fuel," Venøy said.

In Norway bio-diesel is primarily produced from fish oils and used fryer fat.

Marge: You could raise some emus

Homer: Emus? Really? Ooh, that's pretty crazy. Nah, I'd only fail, just like I fail at everything.

Bart: Hey Dad, I've been thinking. What if instead of giving up on grease, we go for one last big score?

Homer: Wait a minute. The boy's right! I can't quit now! Aww … you always know just what to say to cheer me up. Emu farm? (laughs) You're priceless, Marge!