Jambands.ca

BURGERS!

rubberdinghy

If you ever make your way to Hamilton, be sure to visit O'Neil's on Barton Street East here. They'll serve you up a few different monster burgers, the biggest being "The Pugger" - 1lb of hand pressed ground beef. Usually I get the "World" burger (3/4 lb).

Here's a corny marketing video with not so great music, but it gives ya an idea.

-1xWTJqWJeo

• 2 months later...
SOUTHGATE, Mich., Oct. 22 (UPI) -- A Michigan restaurant that offers a 319-pound hamburger for $2,000 broke its own Guinness World Record by making a 338-pounder, the manager said.

Jason Jones of Mallie's Sports Grill & Bar in Southgate said the restaurant beat its record Thursday with a huge new creation called the "Absolutely Ridiculous Burger," The Detroit News reported Friday.

Maillie's holds the record for the largest commercially available burger.

Jones said a large crowd gathered to witness the introduction of the 3-foot-tall burger, and a Travel channel crew captured footage for the "Food Paradise" program.

Restaurant workers said patrons have yet to shell out the $2,000 cost for one of the mammoth sandwiches.

http://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2011/10/22/Restaurant-makes-338-pound-hamburger/UPI-81561319272200/

• 4 weeks later...

I haven't tried most of those places but I think Five Guys is better then Hintonburger. Taste is subjective, of course, but I love the great sear Five Guys gets on their patties but they are still so juicy inside. Plus the toppings are free (and plentiful)and the fries are awesome.

Next time in Ottawa I will have to try one of your suggestions.

I forgot to put Vera's in my post above. I don't think it's in the same league as the others I posted but I'd certainly put it ahead of Five Guys.

(I'm not anti- Five Guys, I find their burgers delicious, I just find these other burgers more delicious. Five Guys is excellent when out of town cuz I know I'll get a good burger without taking a chance on an unknown local spot)

Sorry, didn't realize there was cost component to the discussion. I was just listing good burgers in town.

You can do Hintonburger for under $10 for sure. I haven't had nor heard any complaints, what's been the most common beef? (pardon the pun). They are closing the shack on 22 December and moving into their new place after that.

Chez Lucien, their burgers are $10.95 I believe which gets you the delicious burger, a generous portion of fries and salad. I believe the Manx burger specials are usually $13 - $14, again with fries and salad. Vera's is cheaper, around the same as Hintonburger. Art-Is-In is about $10 for just the burger (it's totally worth it though). Black Cat is about the same as the Manx price-wise.