Jambands.ca

Old School Picture of Nero found!

NewRider

he first time we played in Toronto was after Phil in the summer of 2000 or 1999, probably 2000. We either stayed at the Royal York(jay's crazy tavel agent deals) or drove back after the show. I remember being amazed that anyone came to see us. good times!

I checked my concert diary which lists ALL the shows I went to from the summer of '99 to the end of '01 and I also checked all my DAT's. The earliest recording I have of nero is November 3, 2000 at the Zone. I didn't go DAT until 10/22/99 and never taped nero on analog cassette.

I also remember very clearly that both Velvet and Dave told me at different points throughout the night that it was the very first show the band had played outside of the Ottawa area.

You guys had your 4-track recorder out but something didn't work out and so you traded me a copy of your very first album for a copy of the show. It was a cd-r that you guys burned and were selling at the time.

This was not an after Phil show or any type of after party, you guys just showed up to play a regular gig .

Don't believe a word Velvet or Dave says. They know nothing about nero. They're also both drunks with bad memories.

i'll drink to that' date=' now where's that bottle of Glen Breton i've got tucked away...[/quote']

I was referring to myself and not you Dave.

The Days of You show was definitely not our first time there. I think we had played TO 2 or 3 times before that. A couple at the Comfort Zone and once at the Reverb.

The Phil show was definitely not the first time nero played Toronto. I was at their first Toronto cozo show when I still lived in Toronto.

I was at the Toronto Phil show a year(?) later when I lived in Ottawa. I had a seizure at the Phil show and was pissed right the fuck off about not being well enough to take in nero.

The first gig was a good turn out but definitely not packed.

I was at the Toronto Phil show a year(?) later when I lived in Ottawa. I had a seizure at the Phil show and was pissed right the fuck off about not being well enough to take in nero.

That was the 2002 show; I was there, too, and remember all that going down.

Aloha,

Brad