Jambands.ca

JSB - Turnaround Video and ECMA nomination

Jay Funk Dawg

[blurb] turn_vid_jamhub.jpg

The Jimmy Swift Band released the first video from their new album Weight of the World to the public this week. The animated video is the result of collaboration with Halifax's Copernicus Studios (Nelly Furtado, Universal Soul, Spesh K) who specialize in what they call 2.5D animation, combining classic animation techniques with modern 3D computer graphics.

The video can now be requested on Much Music and previewed through the following link:

www.belowmemusic.com/turnaround

For more on The Jimmy Swift Band, visit

www.thejimmyswiftband.com

www.myspace.com/tjsb

[/blurb]

The video chronicles the journey of the band, portrayed as puppets, from simple minstrels to

revolutionaries, as they try to survive in the newly industrialized world of the execubots, giant

corporate machines who've taken control of the land.

Video Producer Bradley Cayford had this to say about the videos production:

"It's hard to believe how much a song can represent so many things to so many people. In the case of The Jimmy Swift Band video, "Turnaround", every statement, every lyric and every chord struck so much meaning that it was almost as if the colours came right from the song. The colours and seasons reflect the mood of the song and the paint comes alive to bring true organic music to the forefront once again in an age similar to that of the industrial revolution and depression of the early 1930's.

Imagination and creative instinct runs wild when the art is celebrated and not formulaic. Truly it

feels as though it is time to turn around and show the world who we all are."

"...I really hope that everyone in the world gets a chance to see this video and listen to the song because I think there's a message there that can really inspire a lot of people."

The video's release comes hot on the heels of this years East Coast Music Awards Nominees

announcement, in which Weight of the World has been given the nod for Rock Recording of the Year.

This would be the bands second ECMA, having won the Alternative Artist of the Year award for their

Debut album, Now They Will Know We Were Here in 2002.

The new album is currently available in stores nation wide and will soon be offered in digital format through Apple's iTunes music store. The video can now be requested on Much Music and previewed through the following link:

www.belowmemusic.com/turnaround

For more on The Jimmy Swift Band, visit

www.thejimmyswiftband.com

www.myspace.com/tjsb

No fucking way! That was awesome. I was just aimlessly driving around in my car, listening to this CD on my new car stereo. It was so fucking loud! I can't even believe the direction JSB is taking with this CD. My ears will be ringing all day.

Edited by Guest

i've watched this video like 10 times already and i love it....

can't wait to see it on the big tv screen in HD one day.

it makes me very proud of the guys...even though i don't know them...they are one of the few bands i can call "my own"... a band to root for in a sense...

edit to add: the poster inside the cartoon is like the best concert poster i've ever seen.

Edited by Guest