Jambands.ca

Ernest Goes To Jail... Trey in trouble

leshlush

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK I take it back I have just found credible confirmation....

Story Link

Anastasio charged with drugged driving

THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

photo

Trey Anastasio performs on Oct. 29, 2006 at Sam Boyd Stadium in Las Vegas. Anastasio was accused of driving under the influence of drugs in an upstate New York town near the Vermont border early Friday, Dec. 15, 2006. The former Phish frontman was pulled over by an officer who saw his car failing to keep to right side of the road at about 3:30 a.m., Whitehall village police said. (AP Photo/ Keith Shimada)

WHITEHALL, N.Y. -- Trey Anastasio was accused of driving under the influence of drugs in an upstate New York town near the Vermont border early Friday.

The former Phish frontman was pulled over by an officer who saw his car failing to keep to right side of the road at about 3:30 a.m., Whitehall village police said.

A search turned up quantities of the painkillers hydrocodone and Percocet, as well as the anti-anxiety drug Xanax, that had been prescribed for someone else, police said.

Anastasio, who was driving with a suspended New York license, was charged with third-degree aggravated unlicensed operation, seventh-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance and driving while intoxicated-drugs, police said.

The 42-year-old guitarist was released and scheduled for a court appearance at a later date.

Anastasio lives in Vermont and has been performing solo since Phish broke up in 2004.

I guess that think (sic) about smokin' freebase may not be fiction.

What could be more non-fiction than a direct quote in a major publication?

At least we know he'll talk frankly about this arrest in a couple of months.

I've never heard of hydrocodone. I bet it's great.

It wouldn't be the first time the media got fooled.

No it wouldn't, but I have trouble understanding how ya'll think this is a hoax.

[color:red][edit to add]

If its due to the info on wiki not matching the mugshot, lets remember wiki is the most inaccurate place to get information on the web.

Edited by Guest

Let the Trey bashing begin again...

He made a mistake. I am glad that he seems to be off the heroin (not that filling the void with other perscription drugs is a solution)

Hopefully this will help him clean up his act.

For the record his last couple shows have been AMAZING...the Stash from the other night is fucking insane (I realize how funny that sounds after his arrest)!! Check it out...

12-8-06

Edited by Guest

wiki could have had a different date posted this morning and a different one tomorrow. It's a shite source.

Trey's not going to jail though, he's rich. Drug rehab and a slap on the wrist I'd bet.

Hopefully this gets him out of the rut he's been in. Maybe if I take all those drugs he was on Shine and Undermind won't sound like garbage.

don't expect Trey to make any successful border crossings into Canada in the near future ;-(

He won't have a problem at all. Artists that have criminal records (and there are TONS of them) just pay a fine everytime they cross. Al Jourgensen from Ministry had his house raided by the DEA or something and he plays up here all the time.

NewRider is correct.

I personally know of many musicians who have run into this. Sometimes, though, their opening act, or band or roadies aren't allowed in to Canada with them, which can make for an "interesting" show.

(I won't say who the musician was, but I was witness to an unbelievable show at the Commodore in Vancouver; unbelievable in a bad way. The promoter of that show will not be bringing that musician back to Canada again.)

StoneMtn's a damn TEASE!

as far as Trey goes, I do feel for the guy, this is an embarassing situation. He is a real talent. He brought me a lot of great music and good times over the years so I hope he gets it together, he's a beautiful cat.

My understanding is that he months ago announced that he'd be taking the first half of 2007 off, except for Langerado. I hope he sticks to that and breaks his cycles.

For the record his last couple shows have been AMAZING...the Stash from the other night is fucking insane (I realize how funny that sounds after his arrest)!! Check it out...

12-8-06

Actually grabbed this this and just started listening to it. This stash is pretty good, lookin forward to hear the rest of this show. Its been a while since ive listened to good ol trey, i guess this arrested got my interested.