Jambands.ca

Crock Pot

Ms.Huxtable

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

THIS is the recipe. I'm telling you, YUMMY!!! You can toss them on the grill for the last bit instead of putting them back into the crock pot:

Smoky-Flavored Barbequed Ribs straight out of Betty Crocker Slow Cooker Cookbook

3 1/2 lbs pork loin back ribs (we've used other varieties as well, and they're just as tasty)

1/4 cup packed brown sugar

1/2 tsp. fresh ground pepper

3 tbsps. liquid smoke (we used hickory flavored)

2 cloves garlic, finely chopped

1 tsp salt

1 medium onion, sliced

1/2 cup cola (we used regular Coca-Cola)

1 1/2 cups BBQ sauce (spicy is what I prefer)

1. Spray the inside of a 5- to 6-quart slow cooker with cooking spray.

2. Remove inner skin from the ribs. Mix brown sugar, pepper, liquid smoke, garlic and salt together in a bowl and rub this mixture onto the ribs. Cut ribs into 4 inch pieces, then layer ribs and onion in the slow cooker. Pour cola over everything.

3. Cover and cook on a low heat setting for 8-9 hours or until ribs are tender (believe me, they're tender by then). Remove the ribs from slow cooker, and drain and discard the liquid.

4. Pour the BBQ sauce into a shallow bowl. Dip each of the rib pieces into sauce. Return the ribs to the slow cooker. Pour any remaining sauce over the ribs, then cover and cook on low for 1 hour.

PICT0039.2.jpg

Our fave new way to rock bruss sproutage is to clean em, dry em and then peel off all the individual "leaves", toss them in a frying pan with some olive oil, butter, salt/pepper/garlic until they get some good colour at which point you take off the heat and add a drizzle of honey. YummmmMM!!!!!

This makes me smile. I remember a time when you HATED brussel sprouts. :)

• 4 months later...
I just googled for this butter chicken slow cooker recipe if you wanna make it from scratch.

Butter Chicken recipe from justslowcooking.com

I think I'll try it sometime soon.

OK' date=' went back in this thread and I went out and got me the ingredients for this one. It's all in the crock pot just waiting to go tomorrow!!

Nothing says XMas Eve like Butter Chicken and Samosas for dinner :D[/quote']

Holy Fucking Gulab Jamun!

That tasted incredible. I upped the spices a pinch and used Butter Chicken Masala instead of meat curry masala.

Mmmmmmmmm

Got a NEW crock-pot for Xmas today too :)

Gonna do a dually crock-pot a meal sometime :D

Will get a killer crock-pot lasagna recipe my sister did last week too ... mmmm ricotta

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

just made this one again. Damn fine recipe and soo effin tasty :) Got lots of leftovers for lunch.

Here it is:

Crock-Pot Lasagna Recipe

20101021-slow-cooker-lasagna-300x205.jpg

Servings: Serves 6

Ingredients

3 cans (14.4 ounces) crushed tomatoes

3 cloves garlic , finely chopped

2 Tbsp. dried oregano

1/2 tsp. kosher salt

1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes

1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper

2 containers (15 ounces each) fresh ricotta

2 cups (8 ounces) grated mozzarella

1/4 cup grated Parmesan

12 lasagna noodles (about three-quarters of a 1-pound box)

5 ounces (about 6 cups) baby spinach

Directions

In a medium bowl, combine the tomatoes, garlic, oregano, salt, red pepper and black pepper. In a separate bowl, mix the ricotta, 1 cup of the mozzarella and Parmesan.

In the bottom of a 5- to 6-quart slow cooker, spread a thin layer of the sauce. Top with 3 of the noodles (breaking to fit as necessary). Spread about 1 cup of the sauce over the noodles and layer with 2 cups of the spinach and 1 1/2 cups of the cheese mixture. Repeat twice more with the noodles, sauce, spinach and cheese mixture. Top with the remaining 3 noodles, sauce and 1 cup mozzarella.

Cook on low, covered, until the noodles are tender—especially in the center of the lasagna—about 3 to 3 1/2 hours.

Edited by Guest