Jambands.ca

Planet Earth - BBC Series - Anyone download it?

AD

Fantastic series!!! One I wish I had a BIG HD set for .

In case you missed it, it will be rebroadcast this week on CBC Newsworld:

Thursday, January 18 @ 10pm

Firday, January 19th @ 1am

Series 2 Eps 6 - Ice Worlds

The Arctic and Antarctic experience the most extreme seasons on Earth. Time-lapse cameras watch a colony of emperor penguins, transforming them into a single organism. The film reveals new science about the dynamics of emperor penguin behaviour. In the north, unique aerial images show a polar bear swimming more than 100km. Diving for up to two minutes at a time. The exhausted polar bear later attacks a herd of walrus in a true clash of the Titans.

REPEAT AIRING CC

Set yer VCRs, PVRs, TiVos, etc. etc.

later . . .

Kanada Kev =8)

i hope newsworld is hidef. The HiDef broadcasts on CBC HD are incredible.

Sorry bouche :( Newsworld is just a couple of floors below me here. You want me to go down and smack some sense into them?

http://www.cbc.ca/hdtv/

On CBC Newsworld (not available in HD), Planet Earth Series Two (parts 6-11) premieres Thursdays at 10pm ET/PT: January 18, January 25, February 1, February 8 and February 15. Starting February 22 Series One (parts 1-5) repeats Thursdays at 10pm ET/PT: March 1, March 8, March 13, March 22 and March 29.

Edited by Guest

• 2 weeks later...

This show is friggin' INCREDIBLE. Watched 3 episodes earlier this week and was blown away.

Stunning visuals ... interesting content.

The Rainforest episode was bizarre. Those fungi that "attack" insect as spores, make them go insane, and then "sprout" out of the carcass was FREAKY!

The chimpanzee attack on a neighbouring colony was slightly disturbing with the canibalization of the little one :( Nature.

The long shots in the Polar episode were mind blowing. The one where they pan back from a polar bear and you get a sense of the immense size of the glacier! And the other one at the end where they are fying above a couple of polar bears and zoom out to show the vast, and desolate, terrain that they wander.

WOW.

Later . . .

Kanada Kev =8)

wow!

i caught 'Jungles' a few nights ago now and was blown away! i especially loved the time lapse photography on the different fungis that grow and thrive.. pure craziness!!

kev.. that fungi attack was out of this world.. my god.. sprouting the fungi out of the carcass. HOLY!

i'm definitely down for the dvds!