Jambands.ca

Super Bowl XLI

badams

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Indy will stuff 8 in the box to shut down the run. They can do this because Grossman is an inept passer at this point in his career.

True, but when Grossman connects it tends to be on a long yardage throw. He seems to have the "touch", he's just inconsistent with it.

You gotta figure Indy is good for at least four scores.

But what if they are all field goals, like in the game against the Baltimore?

Can Chicago's offence do that away from home, against Manning (experience) with a QB who has started 25 NFL games? In the Superbowl?

The Bears offence does not play against Manning.

If your heart's telling you Chicago - you're PUBLIC. It also means that your brain isn't. That being said, it's sports and anything can happen. Like a Phish setlist.

Absolutely. Why is everyone forgetting how average Indy has looked in the playoffs outside of the 2nd half comeback... in a game they could have easily lost without the Pats making some dumb last minute mistakes? Not to mention their weak finish in the regular season.

And don't forget Pats vs. Rams and how St. Louis was a 14 point favourite going in.

I'm not saying to pick the Bears, I just think they have a better shot than the majority of the pundits are predicting.

Why is everyone forgetting how average Indy has looked in the playoffs outside of the 2nd half comeback... in a game they could have easily lost without the Pats making some dumb last minute mistakes?

What are you talking about? That game against Baltimore was hardly “average†That was good ole fashioned football (controlling the clock, pounding the ball against arguably the leagues strongest D, their final drive, the most important in the game was over 7 minutes long!) but you wouldn’t know that because you probably started paying attention to the NFL when it became glamorous and ‘the in thing to do’

In the game before that, they had over 400 yards of offence! Hardly average Sonny-boy. They COMPLETELY dominated KC. They had the ball double the amount of time the Chiefs did. An awesome showing.

Manning certainly didn’t dissect that Pats D as we have seen him do against other teams in years past but did all he had to do to win, which seems to be what he has learned for this season.

...but you wouldn’t know that because you probably started paying attention to the NFL when it became glamorous and ‘the in thing to do’

This little debate technique of yours is getting old.

In the game before that, they had over 400 yards of offence! Hardly average Sonny-boy. They COMPLETELY dominated KC. They had the ball double the amount of time the Chiefs did. An awesome showing.

How many interceptions did Manning throw and don't you agree that a competent team should have taken advantage of them and won?

All I'm saying is that Indy has had shaky wins in the playoffs so why are they all of a sudden the odds on favourites to win it all?

Chicago's a good team, don't get me wrong, but Indy came through the AFC. I think we'd all agree that the AFC had a dominent year as far as talent and having more quality teams. Indy met all its challenges beating KC and shutting down LJ, getting into the trenches with BAL (in BAL) and then defeating their arch-rivals with an amazing comeback.

Chicago didn't have to meet any of those challenges. Seattle? A shadow of what they were. There by the grace of Romo and the curse of EA's Madden. New Orleans which was a good win, but at home very much expected.

Indy has played the way they needed to in each game, won a tough one on the road, and Manning came through in the face of enormous pressure when he was down 21-3 and on his way to another "here we go again". He'll feel like the SB is a freeroll.

I think the Indy D will do a better job against Grossman's offence than the Chicago D will do against Manning's offence. Harrison will be healthier too. And that's what it comes down to.

Lick the Coil is the winner!

Chicago's Defence has not had to deal with "Manning changing plays at the line"... whereas teams like Baltimore and New England have played numerous times and Payton "gives up" doing too much audibling against them now... I predict the Fresh Meat of the Bears is just the thing Payton has been looking for, and you're going to see audible madness when 1 Billion people tune in next week to watch him win the big one.

Tell Grossman he'll have a billion people watching, he's lible to pee his pants. Not like that would affect his game!

and william, don't you mean '08?

No... Farve is highly overpaid for the quality of talent he can actually produce now. The team (small market), needs that money to properly rebuild (got very top heavy after the superbowl years). The only thing he has to offer is pride... and the pride of the touchdown record, and consecutive game streak is by far the absolute best thing a Packer fan had to realistically cheer for this year. It'll be the same next year (altough a late surge put them at a respectable 8-8, with a big last game win over the bears). Who know's, it could be another case of Elwayitis, but I won't hold my breath. edit: it would of been easy for Farve to catch it, he played in the game where it happened

I mean they could of been as bad as the Raiders, but as long as they had Farve, the touchdown record, and the streak, things wouldn't look that bad. But who's kidding who, if you can throw touchdowns, you don't lose 14 games in a year.

He might just implode into a vortex if/when he throws 421.

Edited by Guest