Jambands.ca

PHOTOS! ~ JAMES BROWN TRIBTE w/ KC ROBERTS & DJ GOLDFINGER

Jay Funk Dawg

jamesbrown.jpg

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

www.nufunk.ca presents:

Tribute to James Brown!

Featuring:

Live performance by KC Roberts & The Raw Blue, High Plains Drifter & More Special Guests TBA

plus DJ Sean Sax (Soul on Ice)

Hosted by: DJ Goldfinger (What is Hip Radio, CIUT 89.5 FM)

Featuring a multimedia history of the Godfather of Soul!!

Friday, February 9th, 2007

El Mocambo

464 Spadina Ave

Toronto, ON

www.elmocambo.ca

$8 at the door or via www.ticketweb.ca

Doors at 9 PM. Show starts at 9:30 PM

a portion of the proceeds will go to charity

On Dec 25, 2006, The Godfather of Soul, James Brown died after being hospitalized with pneumonia. That was a lot of musical energy & funk to be set back into the atmosphere, for a man who was #2 of the all-time hit record makers; just behind Elvis Presley, charted over 116 hits during his career, is the most sampled artist in the world today and litterally changed the face of popular music forever.

His body of work spans almost 60 Decades of creating music, producing artists, touring the globe and defining showmanship. His musical ingenuity sparked the development of numerous musical genres, including jazz, funk, disco, electronic music, afrobeat and hip hop music.

On February 9th, The El Mocambo Club (464 Spadina Ave.) presents a night of Musical Tribute by a cast Toronto musicians including KC Roberts & The Raw Blue, High Plains Drifter plus DJ Sean Sax and will be hosted by DJ Goldfinger (CIUT 89.5FM). This musical melange represents a cross-section of Toronto's Funk, Soul & R n' B music scene and is not to be missed!

The evening will also have a multimedia History and Tribute to The Soul Brother Number One, Mr. Dynamite, the Hardest-Working Man in Show Business, Minister of The New New Super Heavy Funk, Mr. Please Please Please, The Boss, and the best-known, the Godfather of Soul - JAMES BROWN!!!

Artist & Show Info Links:

www.nufunk.ca

www.kcroberts.ca

www.highplainsdirfter.ca

Sponsors:

www.soulonice.com

www.fusicology.com

www.tribe.ca

www.jambands.ca

www.jamhub.ca

www.ckln.ca

www.ticketweb.ca

www.ciut.fm

966144153_l.jpg

KC ROBERTS

www.kcroberts.ca

Led by singer/songwriter/lead guitarist KC Roberts, this seven-piece band is cleverly composed of drums, bass, trumpet, saxophone and female backup vocals. KC Roberts has already garnered praise from such accomplished artists as Sass Jordan and Juno Award Winner Carlos Morgan (aka Carll Parkes).

All of this is not to say, however, that KC Roberts contributions to the Toronto music scene began so recently. KCs creations have brought him from punk to reggae, from coast to coast and from one successful project to another. His successful live funk project, Tomphoolery, was formed in the year 2000 into a live funk/hip hop scene that was at the time, but has now flourished under Tomphoos influence. His cross-Canada tour with all-star reggae band, Strugglah, added even more colour to KCs musical palette, and saw the band open for the legendary Jimmy Cliff. KC has been a welcome contributor to live shows and recordings by numerous rising Canadian stars including D-Sisive, Carlos Morgan, Panic and the Rebel Emergency, Quadrasonic, and Dylan Murray. These influences have taken KC Roberts career to a new level of success and intensity.

Look for more shows from KC Roberts at home and across the country in 2006. With more recordings also on the horizon, this band is just getting warmed up.

whoo hooo!! It's my birthday and I can jam out it I want to !!

here's who is playing tonight in

High Plains Drifter

Jay Cleary - guitar/vocals/band leader

Marc Shapiro (King Sunshine) - bass

Suzy "Q" Marenik - vocals

Tyronne Caissie (Chameleon Project) - drums

Will Fisher - percussion

Steve Dyte (King Sunshine) - trumpet

John Kay (KC Roberts) - saxophone

sick!!

Edited by Guest

Hey, DJ Goldfinger is my old buddy Craig Pady that I haven't seen in years..... please, someone go and say that Adam Brown says hi. His brother Chris is DJ Oddjob and is now currently residing in Taiwan. I used to jokingly refer to them as DJs Goldenrod and Oddball!

cheers

adambrot