Jambands.ca

Problems with new GD Cow Palace NYE 76 CDs?

Palms

Anyone else get their Grateful Dead Cow Palace NYE 76 3-CD set only to find out that they had 2 copies of disc 1 and no disc 2?

After I found it out, I took it back to the store I bought it at and they had to open another 3 copies before we found one with a disc 2 in it. WTF???

I can just imagine a smoke-filled living room (or basement), strewn with throw pillows and a big, cobbled-together stereo with massive speakers, and several wookies lazing around in their garish best road-worn tie-die,. About an hour and a half after the start of the first playing of the new release, one of them struggles towards consciousness/sentience, asking, "Duuude...didn't we...like...just listen...to...this...???"

Aloha,

Brad

I wrote a pretty nasty letter to GD customer service and to Rhino. Dunno if anyone will read it, but this is the second Rhino GD release I've had trouble with - and I've never had a problem with any of the other 3000 or so CDs and LPs I have purchased in my life

be sure to let em know (Grateful Dead Merchandising)... probably hook you up with a little something extra for sake of it

a friend of a friend wrote the Dead after being particularly moved by their first show at Buffalo '89... they said they couldn't believe how much they identified with a band whom they didn't even own a CD by... the reply letter said "thats awesome.", and included the entire catalog to date of all the Dead's CDs

the person was unduly moved again and wrote back saying "wow, thank you! now I just need to take a technological leap forward and get a CD player!"

couldn't believe it when a CD player showed up in the mail a week and a half with a note saying "enjoy."

sure times have changed a little, but still...

I didn't do that, no. I didn't think I should identify myself as a journalist, since I purchased it (just like I do all Dead-related stuff).

Maybe I should send a follow-up letter in a few days that I am going to write an article about it if I don't hear back?