Jambands.ca

Kevin Breit in KW ...

mark tonin

Yesterday I picked up tickets for the Saturday night Sisters Euclid show. It looks like I'll finally get to see this band!

Hey Andrew, have we met? I'm thinking it's likely, but I can't put a face to your name. Hopefully you can make it out next weekend for the Groundhog Fest, and if you do, please (re)introduce yourself to me.

Peace, Mark

• 2 weeks later...

You know what's funny here's an observation I had about my own observation about Matt Brubeck. The guy inside the guy inside my sleepyhead. Me not Brubeck. I guess I'm observing how I observe things more. Trying to become conscious of thought processes that are largely unconscious and need to be i.e. intuitive. I never would have had this thought if I wasn't I think trying to think this way.

Brubeck embarasses me. Like I know a lot of people in the Guelph Jazz scene which is the World Free Jazz scene which is mainly pricks. The board members and everything are so unhip and so unjazz and know absolutely nothing about improvised music and it's a cult of personality and it hurts. But the thing is I guess being the guy who used to run the show (GJF) I know how to read the artists and their needs (which was my job and still is with journalism in a different way although people are stupid and don't realize that being a professional observer means a form of telepathy and sometimes telekinesis that frankly pisses people off cause they're like 'Hey Get Out Of My Fucking Head'.).

My take with all that informing my perception is that I was surprised that when I watched him play and thought about Dave and the legacy (HUGE) of his father that I was embarassed for him the way you're embarassed for a, uhm, embarassed at a scene in a movie a fictional character who makes you cringe and mad anyways and you shouldn't (cause they're fictional). I was just embarassed cause he's a pro musician and totally credible in his own right but bummer about the name their Simon Collins.

Anyone know how much this is?

I paid $22 for each of my Sat. night tickets at the Centre in the Square box office. I think you get a discount if you buy a ticket for both nights.

Unfortunately I am unable to attend this show now, so if anyone wants to buy my two Sat. night tickets from me for face value, that would be great. Send me a private message and we'll work it out. I can drop the tickets off if you live in KW, or we can meet somewhere.

Peace, Mark