Jambands.ca

Darien setlist

Raven_Space

they pulled that just before indiana so we went running into the show early but dylan opened both there and ohio, hunter was between sets...

sounds super sweet seeing him before the crowd came in... 300 people [Eek!]

hmm... I don't know about the yes/dead thing... I really like yes but those are pretty different audiences... I guess so... my only problem with other bands playing with the dead is they get so little of my attention span... poor dylan only got about 10 percent out of me, though it was a good 10 percent

quote:

Originally posted by paisley:

I can't say enough about Robert Hunter...

100% class and free-wheelin creativity... he took his songs and spun brand new creations from them without compromising and in fact added to the original intent... odd-unpredictable yet perfect time shifts, hypnotic vocal tricks, cool wording changes and a one of a kind performance from an old prankster with the heart of a bear

Paisely, I don't know you - although I think I know who you are in the real world - but I have to say that if all your writing is as eloquent and well-delivered as the above was, then it's a shame you're not writing for Relix or Exclaim! or even something bigger. It was a real pleasure to read this post. Well said [big Grin]

quote:

poor dylan only got about 10 percent out of me, though it was a good 10 percent

i dont think i realy could have handled sitting through a dylan set at a dead show. i've never seen either of them, but im by no means a dylan fan and i think id be way to pumped for the dead to be able to sit still and lsiten.

quote:

Originally posted by phish stick:

quote:

i dont think i realy could have handled sitting through a dylan set at a dead show. i've never seen either of them, but im by no means a dylan fan and i think id be way to pumped for the dead to be able to sit still and lsiten.

"The Dead" should be opening for Dylan.

ah MarcO, still warning people not to go to Thialand though you've never been [Wink]

Bob is a genius and still a great performer but Dylan after the Dead would've had the majority of the crowd falling asleep or leaving... its great to see Bob perform (every song on the keyboards by the way... cool) and the crowd loved and respected him fully... but its not the spontaneous and unpredictable energy of the Dead... the old back and forth between the fans and the band...

just didn't want this thread to die on a negative note [big Grin]

BIG thumbs down when i found this one out

if any of yall buy the dead soundboards for this tour when dylan has been guesting on a few songs,, you wont be getting those songs

something to do with bobs record label not letting dylans tracks be released, so youll get

Jam>

Music Never Stopped

Casey Jones

No More Do I>Jam>

Scarlet Begonias>

Fire On The Mountain

Jam>

Mason's Children>

Jam>

Reuben & Cerise>

Drumz(Six Flags fireworks and Laser lightshow)/Space>

Days Between>

Throwing Stones>

Midnight Hour

Donor Rap

E:Help On The Way>

Slipknot...

Franklin's Tower

very very very VERY FUCKING LAME if you ask me

right on, Ms. Hux... I was actually hoping he would in indiana but he just kept rockin the keys like a demented man possessed... I missed most of his set in ohio (you lose an hour coming back from central time to eastern and we set up at the site pre-show)... both nights when he sat in with the dead he rolled his keyboard out for it

I would've loved to see some guitar as last time I saw him play it he was really rippin it up

Darien was the first show in Dylan's run with the Dead that he picked up the guitar....and played 4 (usually 3) songs with the Dead.

Weir also sat in with Dylan's band for 5! tunes that went over extremely well, a few from Dylan's "Love and Theft", (Weir loves that album).

Maggie's Farm

Love Minus Zero/No Limit Tweedle Dee & Tweedle Dum

@Mr. Tamborine Man

#Highway 61 Revisited

This Wheel's On Fire

Cold Irons Bound

#Positively 4th Street

#Honest With Me

#Summer Days

#Rainy Day Women #12 & 35

# w/Bob Weir

Great show! The Dylan segement was my personal highlight, Tangled was joyous. I LOVED Dylan's Maggie's Farm opener, danced the whole walk from the lawn to the seats to that one - awesome! Dylan on lead vocs. for Alabama was also a riot, and just watching Dylan interact with the Dead was a treat. Dylan and Weir seemed to really hit it off, I would love to see more collaboration in the future, or at least maybe a Ratdog/Dylan bill...that would be fuckin' eh.

Highlights from the Dead were Music Never Stopped, loved that new end part with the "oooh-oooh" and Weir doing the "Nevah-stopped, Neva-nevah-stopped", classic! Joan really did a beautiful Days Between, never been a fan of this tune, but they nailed it. Midnight Hour and Throwin' Stones were also highlights, Weir adding the "blood for oil" to one part of Throwin. The Help-Slip-Franks was great, but they did trainwreck a bit in Slip, but still fun. Jimmy was pretty good, I'd rate it 4th out of the 5 Dead shows I've seen this summer. Of course the worst one being the one I saw with Booche.

The band seems to be hit or miss....some nights are inspired, and others are not, kinda like that other band some of these guys were in. They're taking chances and going for it again - and that's what it's all about! [smile]

from dead.net

quote:

From time to time, guest artists may perform a few songs together with the band. It is our hope that the guest artists will allow these songs to be included in the recordings of that night’s concert. However, we respect the guest artists’ right to artistic approval, and may therefore not be able to include these guest performances on the recordings.

like dylan

so i guess if you wanna hear the dylan tracks from the darien show your gonna have to find an aud. copy

i think thats bunk personally, but thats just me

marco

quote:

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by phish stick:

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The Dead" should be opening for Dylan

i disagree! (no hard feelings)

quote:

Originally posted by Dr. Huxtable:

The band seems to be hit or miss....some nights are inspired, and others are not, kinda like that other band some of these guys were in. They're taking chances and going for it again - and that's what it's all about!
[smile]

you got it brother! [Cool]

Indiana raged, everyone was tired (band and fans) in Ohio so it was a little slower yet still great...

the bus is still rollin... its all a dream they had an afternoon long ago

Archived