Jambands.ca

The LEGENDARY 12 Song Album Game!

MarcO

337. Songs off of albums in which the band has mentioned your name in the liner notes (excluding "fans and friends" and similar names that you know aren't you as well as business' you work at or have worked at)

Awesome. I'll check back to see how this one is coming along in early April.

The last thing I wanna do is continue to stall this baby now that we actually have a bit of momemtum again, but I have to profess confusion on this one as well. The way I read it, the mention has to actually be specifically intended for me. Random "Thanks to Ben, John and Billy"'s dont count. Can someone clarify this for me?

337. Songs off of albums in which the band has mentioned your name in the liner notes (excluding "fans and friends" and similar names that you know aren't you as well as business' you work at or have worked at)

1. Themasses - Thrice (thanks boys!!)

2. nero - Breakline

3. David Ball (country artist) - everything he's ever done

4. Ian McKendry - Trailer Park Blues

5. Nero - Zedonk

Awesome. I'll check back to see how this one is coming along in early April.

The last thing I wanna do is continue to stall this baby now that we actually have a bit of momemtum again' date=' but I have to profess confusion on this one as well. The way I read it, the mention has to actually be specifically intended for me. Random "Thanks to Ben, John and Billy"'s dont count. Can someone clarify this for me? [/quote']

I read it the same way. Someone could thank a "Marc" in their liner notes but I know they wouldn't be referring to me, so under the terms of the theme, I don't think I could list it.

ok, well, this signals the death of the game then ... :(

Huh? Not sure how you figure that, but I just looked through 4 different CDs (by four different Canadian bands) some of which mention this board and/or more then 12 people who still actively post here, as well some have posted in this thread/game.

Much like the topic after labour day (songs heard at CTMF), that ya'll said was the end of the game, its just a matter of the right people opening the thread.

I can't think of any band that has mentioned my name in their liner notes, or else I would particpate in this topic.

Just in nero's 'Zedonk' liner notes there are 12 folks who post almost (if not) daily, and I would wager, there is easily 12 people mentioned who have participated this game. Only thing making this difficult is them not participating.

Perhaps the game has just starting to run its course, my topic was a rather easy one that anyone could answer, yet it went almost two weeks sitting at 11 entries. Not to mention a few people have said they can't even open this thread anymore.

Edited by Guest

I'm pretty sure I'm out on this one. A friend of mine had a band that thanked a bunch of their buddies of which I was one but only referred to it as "The Pub and Grill Gang.," in their liner notes. (The Pub and Grill was just my buddies basement where we drank and played pool). That's probably as close as I can come. I'll just have to wait until the next theme to play, even if it is in June.

I'm guessing this should end up being a pretty cool album when it's all done.

• 2 weeks later...

in honour of phishtaper having the greatest avatar ever, I am declaring the current topic dead and done (sorry c-towns) and inviting phishtaper to start a new one.

We shouldn't do this as a matter of course but maybe - for the first time ever - we should just cut our losses and move on.

This thread is now 1 year, 1 week old!

in honour of phishtaper having the greatest avatar ever, I am declaring the current topic dead and done (sorry c-towns) and inviting phishtaper to start a new one.

We shouldn't do this as a matter of course but maybe - for the first time ever - we should just cut our losses and move on.

This thread is now 1 year, 1 week old!

On behalf of my jiggly beach pals, I accept this offer. And in the spirit of this game, I would like to propose this theme:

#337B: Songs about starting again / new beginnings :content:

1. Johnny Nash - I Can See Clearly Now

and my apologies to c-towns for being a poor sport about his challenging theme. :)