Jambands.ca

Singings Lessons?

Jordan Patrick

I was wondering if anyone knew any good courses or teachers to improve on my singing. I'm just getting into it, and I find I have trouble getting past my lower frequencies.

Musicians/Groups like John Mayer, Dave Matthew Band, Foo Fighters, Death Cab for Cutie, Jack Jackson, Muse, that sort of this is what I'm looking to achieve.

I just can't get a good graps on Falcetto, nor avoid straining my voice instead of keeping it in my octave.

Anyhow, I'm close to dead broke too, so money is a factor as well. Best bang for the buck, really.

Thanks everyone!

J.P.

I was wondering if anyone knew any good courses or teachers to improve on my singing. I'm just getting into it, and I find I have trouble getting past my lower frequencies.

Musicians/Groups like John Mayer, Dave Matthew Band, Foo Fighters, Death Cab for Cutie, Jack Jackson, Muse, that sort of this is what I'm looking to achieve.

I just can't get a good graps on Falcetto, nor avoid straining my voice instead of keeping it in my octave.

Anyhow, I'm close to dead broke too, so money is a factor as well. Best bang for the buck, really.

Thanks everyone!

J.P.

There are a number of Beatle tunes that could help you transition from natural to falsetto. As well, sing some prince like "Kiss". Oh, also learn some Bee Gees. Sing "Stayin' Alive" while you're walking around the gym.

you can probably pick up some tips on harmonising adn the like when Huxputz starts streaming their rehearsals...

dave' date=' that's more for learning how to pose.[/quote']

And lunge. Don't forget the lunging.

Aloha,

Brad

Oh and tossing the head back with a quick swoop as if to clear the hair out of your eyes while singing

"Bombs away

I guess I'm back in love again

Well hey and around we go

This will bring me ruin

Though I suppose it's pleasing

I've changed the eyes I gaze in

But she's just another girl

I need more than a trade-in

Guess I'll have to change the world"

And the purpose of this topic is lost yet again.....

But I did learn a few things, aside from my renewed fascination with why Asians love Kareoke so much. I need to find someone who has guitar hero and a kareoke machine, and maybe the Fonze with a jukebox. Yaaaa. Oh bouche if I'm singin Jive Talking you better sing my harmony while squatting or so help me

Edited by Guest

I think the Tad Hackish people have shown admirable restraint here in not thanking everyone for all the chatter ;) (you can't pay for publicity like that, they say).

But I'm been giving lots of thought over the last many months to finding a good vocal coach, as I've started taking up the challenge of singing more and more; however I end up singing at home or in the car has little to do with the audio dynamics of a large room with people moving around in it. That said, I wish I had any names to pass along, but do please let us know what you find.

Will do big guy. Just ask Mike, I think Miss. Hux caught me singing yesterday and she scared the crap out of me. I don't think you can really improve much on your own; i mean, it might work your range a bit and practice is practice, but if you listen to my mom sing you'll realize that some people are living in complete oblivion to how terrible they project their vocals.

Good thing I bought some ear plugs. Anyhoo, will definately share my findings. What sort of singing are you looking to improve on?