show---whore

U.F. Productions

The Wassabi Collective

Sunday Aug 17th

@ Pepper JAck's

38 King William st.

Hamilton

cover $6 start time 10 pm sharp.

People often say that The Wassabi Collective “plays into the crowd,” or “rides the wave.” This high-energy, progressive world beat group was created to deliver non-stop grooves to packed dance floors. Emerging from small beginnings in Penticton, British Columbia, the ensemble has managed to establish itself in many parts of Canada, playing major festivals and events with unprecedented success. The Band kicks off there cross Canada tour this week.

I know Jay... I didn't think it was possible either, but alas... I give their show an 11 on the hippy sex-cult vibe scale.

The 2 that left were the marimba players. The girl's name is Jen, I think - I don't know the guy's name. One impregnated the other, so the story goes... Although it could've happened during one of their all-night hippy orgies, who knows...?

(j/k)

Yeah, as someone who fell head over heels for Wassabi during May 24, I must say it was mainly due to the miramba players--Jen and Derek. They were very talented, and seeing Jen's bright red hair boucing to the beat, along with her really cool way of moving to the music (hard to explain), reeled me in completely. I suppose too much canned beer, mushrooms and weed may have contributed to this infatuation, but the whole band showed a spirit that I really admired (except maybe the lead guitar, who should really wear his shirt).

Sadly, it wasn't me who got to have sex with red-haired Jen, but I talked to Derek (the father) a few times (even revealing to him my crush on Jen), and he's an incredibly nice person. Hopefully Jen will pack on a few pounds with this pregnancy, cause Junior's gonna be hungry!

quote:

Originally posted by earthfreak:

anyone know who left the band? i checked their website, but nothing there. the 2 i know in the band play many instruments, possibly marimba? don't recall their setup....

I believe its Melissa the singer/conga player, Steve the drummer, Scott the bass player and I'm not sure if they have the same guitar player or not but I think so (forget his name right now)

right on Wassabi night!

I went. The band looked like they would have sounded quite good but there were sound problems and the mix was poor for most of the night. Wassabi still have it for sure. Even as a four piece. The music has definitely changed but it is still good fun. I think the crew was a little tired last night too: They've been having problems with their bus and have actually had to hitch-hike to several shows. That'll take it out of you.

I had a blast last night,,, seen alot of familiar faces,,, and the band was right on,, other then the sound problems,,, maybe i shoulda stayed on the board lol,, i was setting it up but then the real sound guy got there and i got put back on the door.

wassabi was still kickin out the kind jams,, even as a 4piece,, i must say i was really impressed with their sound. i thought it would be lacking because the marimbas were such a big part of their sound,,, i was wrong [big Grin]

Archived