Jambands.ca

strange popup

bouche

I noticed today that I'm getting an authentication pop-up from something on the site. I just got an email from Davey-boy with the same thing. I'm guessing it may be a google ad, and if that's the case it'll likely be gone quickly.

Please post here if you get it and let me know any details. It's also possible that one of the banners is setting it off, and if that's the case, the banner hoster may not be aware that their server is acting funny.

If this site was hacked, I would think we'd see some sort of message like "haxxored by L33T b00b7355" or something like that.

Its similiar to a pop up I get at work when I have taken my work laptop home, leave it on and then plug into my network- since I am already logged on to the confuser it makes me enter my network name and password.

Its basically a prompt screen for a user name and password.

I'll screen shot it when I get it again.

S

I think I've narrowed it down. Someone's AVATAR is triggering it.

It's one of the following:

William Schiestel

mister slippery

Asparagus

stu dog

PassedOutGuy

meggo

d_rawk

In this thread these members have no avatar displaying so the server hosting their chosen avatar is not authenticating.

I'm zeroing in.

I traced it myself. William made a dumb comment and that sparked this login issue. He referred to Sheldon Souray as an 'over-priced' defenceman. The guy is a steal at 2.5 million a season. After this year, its going to be a much different story.

Way to go Facknuts!