Jambands.ca

The Fat Cats play for the Chairmouse

timouse

Thanks so much to everyone for making last night such a good time. The Fatties were in fine, fine form, and I don't remember having quite so good a time playing with the Mouse. Many touching words were spoken, and having Marcel's family there really brought it home for me. It gets to be beyond words.

Great to see all the many people I haven't had a chance to see in a long time, and also to put faces to other names at last (good finally to meet Baj and Capt. Sunshine) :) .

Now, back to sleep (which seems a bit of a pity on such a beautiful day).

I never had the privilege to meet Marcel but sure wish I had! RIP Marcel.

Last night was such a great idea! Thankyou to everyone that made it happen!

Got there too late as always, but heard Harvard Mouse sounded great..bummed I missed it...

The Fatties were definately in fine fine form, drummer and all :)

Had a great time with the intimate crowd that was there, I always love meeting the people I converse with on here on a daily basis, face to face, so much better!

Dr. Evil Mouse and Calamity Jane(HUGE thanks for the pitcher, got one coming your way one day soon ;) )

Timouse,

Mousepad,

Tricky

So good to meet you all, looking forward to the next time around!

And last but not least, always great talking to Matty, Mark Tonin, Edger, Hal Johnson, Lionlocks..whoever else im forgeting... just a great all around night !!!

Thankyou

peace

Brian

Edited by Guest

what a great night!

daveymouse outdid himself making this night of music happen. marcel's family were out for the first bit of the harvard mouse set, and lots of fine folks came out to dance and have fun...from all the kind words spoken and the big silly grin still on my face, i think this may have been one of the best hm sets we've played.

the fatties definitely kept the energy going, it was a huge treat to hear them play eyes of the world, the big dude loved that song...and the brokedown palace encore was just perfect.

thank you everyone that came out!!!

Thanks for the balloons and drinks deb...I can't remember a few things from the night Hal and I were blitzed. I remember a little thug type dude that kept hugging me and telling me I was his brother in law, then he tried to fight a car. I haven't had such a good time for such a great purpose in ages. It was so good to be able to put faces to the names on jambands.ca. I hope something roles around soon at the Lanc!

How did the same dude win 4 prizes in a row?

What a special night in honour of Marcel ... thanks to Daveymouse for putting this show on! And the words that you spoke about Marcel during the show were perfect!

To my musical mousey friends ... we rocked! :) ... Marcel would have had an huge grin on his face listening to that set of music happen ... I remember having a "Marcel thought" during pretty much every song that we played ... I love the man and he will be missed in a big way.

To the Fatties ... thank you! Great grooves, some nice-sounding new material, and a perfect Brokedown Palace encore, especially with the botched lyrics! :) Marcel would have loved it, as it (the forgotten lyrics) happened at so many of our jams over the years.

Thanks to Organic Groove for laying down some infectious drum rhythms during the set break.

And thanks to everyone else who came to help out at the door, record, provide food and prizes, dance, and most importantly, party in Marcel's honour.

Peace, Mark

Edited by Guest

the fatties definitely kept the energy going, it was a huge treat to hear them play eyes of the world, the big dude loved that song...and the brokedown palace encore was just perfect.

Well... not quite perfect.. ;) but the sentiment was there! :)

Anyhow, I too had a great night. I needed it. Marcel certainly had a great bunch of friends. When it comes to be my time to go, if I leave this earth with that much love and support surrounding me, then my life has been well lived!

I didn't catch the beginning, but the portions that I heard of Harvard Mouse were no doubt the best that I have heard them play. They all played with an inspiration that you can't fabricate.

It was nice for the Fatties to get a chance to play some new material as well. Three new songs were played. I particularly liked Gatch's new tune, and the second new one that TOdd played (I think it's called Trying to Never Know).... He's got one more new one up his sleeve that I have yet to hear the full-band version of. Looking forward to the chance... whenever that might be.

Always a good bunch to be found in k-town! Looks like I'll be heading back there this Friday for Tigger and Becky's party!

Hal and I were blitzed. I remember a little thug type dude that kept hugging me and telling me I was his brother in law, then he tried to fight a car. I haven't had such a good time for such a great purpose in ages.

Ya, thanks for including Tricky and I in the festivities. What a great bunch of people. Even Tricky's Brother in law had his moments. Good times all round. Cheers dudes!

Edited by Guest
I got it for you Hal.