Jambands.ca

The Fat Cats play for the Chairmouse

timouse

Wear something purple!

hey this is a great idea!

I am so looking forward to this night...it'll be the first time the whole lot of us have been together since Marcel's passing.

I can't think of a more suitable way to honour Marcel than grooving the night away to some of his favourite players!

can anyone re-link the marvelous slide-show ArtMaster did for Marcel's memorial to this thread here?

btw, ArtMaster...love this flyer, as well as all the awesome DD artwork!!

Jennifer, your work continues to amaze me. You really captured the whole feel and purpose of this event. This is why you were one of Marcel's favourite artists. So glad Marcel's on the poster...he loved that hat! I'm sure he'd be pleased. Truly beautiful. :)

Smiles,

Joni

• 2 weeks later...

Time to bump this thread, as the party for Marcel is next Saturday night.

We (Harvard Mouse) have come up with a set list filled with songs that bring back special memories of Marcel for us. Given how close Marcel was to each of us, the initial list was quite long, so we've scaled it back and have asked the Fatties to play a few of Marcel's favourites as well.

Harvard Mouse at 9 pm, Organic Groove at 10:45, Fat Cats at 11:30.

Peace, Mark

Things are definitley getting in order for this event. I'm really looking forward to it!

BTW Tim, that new avatar is so appropriate! I remember sitting in that chair at Bouche's place watching Marcel play the electric piano with his right hand and the other draped rather casually over the top of it with a beer slowly tipping further and further to the spill point. Then he got up and walked a few circles around the room looking for an empty seat. There were none readlily avaialble. He asked me why I was just sitting around and why don't I play some piano? I knew this was an attempt to steal my seat. So I did get up and go to the can when, just as I latched the door, I heard a crash! and roars of laughter.