Jambands.ca

Where can I hear some Kevin Breit?

Stevil

weird.... I thought that there wasn't any sisters hosted here at the moment. I guess I didn't delete it!

The Sisters are an act that must be convinced that free downloads are GOOD. It's hard to show that without spending alot of time on the net.

I'd love to take on the challenge by tracking downloads, sales, bandwidth usage and basic web metrics for them and pushing them, but that's there's a full time job.

I would say that having heard this I will definitley check him out next time I hear of a show. Something I otherwise might not have done.

He plays just about every Monday Night at the Orbit Room on College St. in Toronto, cover is 7 bucks. One of my personal 'best weekly gig in town' picks.

• 7 years later...

I'd go see him supporting any act. Haven't had a fix in a while! I don't see any Ottawa dates in there though with Cassandra Wilson.

His son eh? I remember him bringing his son's drawing book to the Orbit Room, couldn't have been that long ago...  Maybe he's a child prodigy.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Coooool.  Looks great. 

hehe...

...Recorded with the Upper York Mandolin Orchestra [2], Field Recording showcases Breit’s skills on the mandolin and vocals as well as masterful, thought provoking and sometimes-quirky lyrics....

[2] Disclosure: Kevin Breit is the Upper York Mandolin Orchestra.

:P

As well as the Stretch Orchestra show, Kevin's also playing at the NAC a couple of days later, on May 9:

http://nac-cna.ca/en/event/11362

"For one night only, five of Canada’s most accomplished and exciting guitarists share the stage for an unforgettable evening of blues, jazz, fusion, and everything in between."

The five guitarists are Kevin Breit, Madagascar Slim, Tony D, Don Rooke, and Emily Burgess.

Aloha,

Brad

• 1 month later...

With Rebecca Jenkins and UYMQ(upper york mandolin quartet):

JUNE 23rd...Elora Centre for the Arts
JUNE 24th..Silence. In Guelph On
JUNE 25th..Hugh's Room. Toronto Ont
JUNE 26th...Pearl Factory, Hamilton, Ont
JUNE 28th..Alliston, Ont
JUNE 29th..Irish Mountain Music, Meaford, Ont