Jambands.ca

PHISH

OB1

Phish is and will always be to me "My" band... a band that changed my life... It did however start with taht first Dead show in Hamilton in 90 but all that changed in 95 at Niagara Falls with my first live Phish experience... hell i tattooed images of them on me for life... they move me like no other band can... ive tried to look for something new, a replacement, but there never will be one for me...

That's it, i'm putting on some phish. hmmm......got it!

11-02-98 E Centre, West Valley City, UT

1: Tube, Tube Jam -> Drowned -> Jesus Just Left Chicago, Driver*, Bittersweet Motel**, Limb by Limb, Wading in the Velvet Sea, Sample in a Jar

2: Down with Disease, The Mango Song, The Moma Dance^, You Enjoy Myself, Harpua^^ > (Speak to Me, Breathe, On the Run, Time, The Great Gig in the Sky, Money, Us and Them, Any Colour You Like, Brain Damage, Eclipse) > Harpua#

E: Smells Like Teen Spirit##

Only about 4000 in attendance. *Acoustic; dedicated to Wendy and Lisa, two women whom Trey and Mike met the night before. **Acoustic; with a "Freebird ending", similar to the 07-20-98 "Poor Heart." Trey dedicated it to the people at the Dead Goat Saloon, and talked about getting free drinks and karoake. He also discussed the band picturing what it would be like if the entire audience were on stage with them, with no one in the audience. So they played it with this image in mind. ^With a tease of the "Monkey Man" (Rolling Stones, from their "Let It Bleed" album). ^Narration was about Jimmy going to Las Vegas and finding it too crowded and crazy (may be related to Trey's walking off the stage during "Ghost" on Halloween, given his comment on how overwhelmed he had felt, followed by a comment that "everyone has an off night"). So Jimmy decides to hitchhike to Salt Lake City, and he rides with a driver listening to Pink Floyd's "Dark Side of the Moon." Thus, the section of "Speak to Me" through "Eclipse" is the entirety of that album. #One verse sung twice; another omitted. ##First time played (Nirvana cover).

Personally I already started saving money to go on tour.

:P:P

i did not listen to them for years, but within the last eight months or so have been playing them consistently.

i was at that niagra 95 show too! i'm not one to not remember things (seriously) but for some reason all i remember is part of the drive down and the old home place opener!

i have a feeling they will tour again.

sharing in the groove,

dancingbear

if they were going to get to Phish porpotions, it would of happened by now. My 2 cents.

I think the same can be said for Umph. Can you really see Umphrey McGee's having as many followers and putting on shows as big as Phish? I can't see it.

Was that falls show the night they teased inna-godda-davidda inside the split open and melt jam?This is what I recall but my mind isn't too reliable. Nice talkin' shop with ya last night at Craig and Sari's OB1. Let's do it again.

Were you there? I went with Byrd and Floyd.. or left with them I should say, but don't remember seeing you??? Did you come to Cleveland and the R&R hall of fame too?