Jambands.ca

What's Roncensvalles like?

DevO

I'm moving to Toronto in the Fall so I'm starting to think about places to live. I'm gonna be going to Humber, the Lakeshore campus, which is in the west end, I think in the part of town they call "New Toronto" or maybe its Swansea. Anyway its around there. I'm thinking about Roncensvalles because its sorta in between downtown and the school. But what is the vibe of that area? I get the feeling there's some good food selection, ya? Are there any live music venues in those parts? Any nightlife?

I'd have to take the #501 Lakeshore steetcar to get to Humber so being a bit to the south side might be ideal. There's also the 44 Kipling South bus.

What's High Park/Bloor West Village like to live in? Any music venues around there 'ersh?

I'd have to take the #501 Lakeshore steetcar to get to Humber so being a bit to the south side might be ideal. There's also the 44 Kipling South bus.

What's High Park/Bloor West Village like to live in? Any music venues around there 'ersh?

KevO, High Park/Bloor West Village is one of the most vibrant places to live in the city. Forgo a little time convenience and move to that area. I live in Riverdale and love it there and would only move to a few other areas in the city if I had to and Bloor West is one of them - along with the "Beaches", Leslieville, Roncensvalles and The Annex.

there's a great restaurant at the Y-intersection of Dundas and Roncesvalles called 'B's'.

Highly recommeded for Breakfast or Lunch, never had dinner there. One chef, one server. Everything is prepared in the one room that is the restuarant. Food is super delicious. Prices are cheap and include tax. Very bright and friendly atmosphere. Seats probably about 20 people at a time.

years back when I lived in Torona was just off Roncenvalles near High Park, up near Bloor... lived on Indian Trail Road, which cut across Indian Road and had a few more similarly named streets also in the immediate area

very cheap compared to the rest of town, High Park a short walk away, Subway access close, lots of small shops and restaurants

might have chosen somewhere closer to Queen or College (as thats where most of our friend's ended up living at) but all in all a good neighbourhood

saw my first woodpecker in High Park, was pecking away at a tree at face level on a day I was pounding the pavement and generally hated life... walked up to within 5 feet of it (beautiful bird is a woodpecker)... turned around my day 180%

was a nice area in any case, fairly quiet and tucked away but easy access to the city via walking or the subway