Jambands.ca

site slooooow today (for me)

AD

I apologize for the loss of posting service.

i missed the server slowness as I got distracted by a very fantastic brunch today. I sent out an email to the server admins before I bolted for mussel soup, field green salad with a light vinaigrette and a baguette with artichoke dip. When I got back, the site was still working like shit, so I sent another email.

The response was that the servers were all up and not overloaded, but it didn't seem so and when I responded all like "yeah, it's all fucked up still.", they came back and said "How about now?", and then I said "Dude....still fucked up.".

Now it seems fine.

i missed the server slowness as I got distracted by a very fantastic brunch today. I sent out an email to the server admins before I bolted for mussel soup, field green salad with a light vinaigrette and a baguette with artichoke dip. When I got back, the site was still working like shit, so I sent another email.

The response was that the servers were all up and not overloaded, but it didn't seem so and when I responded all like "yeah, it's all fucked up still.", they came back and said "How about now?", and then I said "Dude....still fucked up.".

Now it seems fine.

its all excusable in the name of food brah, next try my heady chips and sandwiches though K. ;)

Now it seems fine.

That sounded like it was in the ranking for the headiest IT troubleshooting conversation ever. Ever...

And it's always food with you. Always food....

Seems to be working fine; so, thank you...

[geeky-curiosity]There were a lot of database errors being thrown - how is it that the amazon links caused the (MySQL?) errors?[/geeky-curiosity]

I prefer not to think about that. Server admin removed the amazon thing and everything was working fine again. Maybe the scripts were waiting too long for amazon to respond and connections were timing out?