Jambands.ca

Any Evolve News?

kung

Was feeling not wanted on the voyage and didn't make it out this year- despite the fact that it's basically my home turf and of cours I'm the king of Kungsinton. We got a call Friday night from a very drunk friend holding their cellphone up to the air for JSB with some of the Wassabi drums or a chick anyways. I don't even think I want to hear about the rest. I'm sure it was stellar. I'm dying to hear what went down with MMW.

Hey! I made it back with earthfreak yesterday and we had a blast! I'm really not sure what to say, I don't want to steal willy's wind, but all the bands were awesome. RFASP's set sticks out, they did a cover of neil young's old man that got the crowd calling them out again. Grand theft bus and Jimmy swift were really good too, mellisa from wassabi sat in with JSB on saturday which was really cool. I'm super into the wassabi these days and they still sound really good. I picked up their CD and it's alright, but it isn't live, so it doesn't quite do them justice. It was cool to see them both if front of a crowd that big. I heard at one point there was 6 000 people there. It didn't seem like that many but there was so much going on that tons of people were doing different things. There was the main sunflower stage, the smaller but not small mushroom stage, the renegade stage which was all DJ's, the gratefully deadicated sound systems had his own stage and played from midnight on everynight, and there was an area where movies were playing all night. and lots of workshops and wierd stuff going on during the day. i'm sure i missed something. so there was tons of fun stuff to do. The bands finished early, usually around 11:30, It was cool that there was lots going on for fans of jambands and for fans of more electronic rave like music. Some of the bands sets were a little to short for me, but what can you do. I toured around a bit after the bands finshed but always ended up at the gratefully deadicated tent. The quality oh the shows that guy has blows my mind. anyways I think that's pretty much it. sorry about the ramble but that's how it had to be. thanks a lot for the ride Earthfreak, and if anyone gets the chance to go next year GO!

Archived