Jambands.ca

Kimock to replace Karan in Ratdog (July)

Hux

Mark Karan has some medical issue and it looks like Steve Kimock will replace him for shows in July. Being a huge Kimock guy and having tickets for the Columbus show in July - I am PUMPED!!!

So....even if you don't normally like the Dog, they'll be supercharged this July.

_dsc1021.jpg

A Message from MK

hey there groovy guys and groovy gals... it's yr ol' pal MK here with some less than stellar news. i will not be joining the boys on this july run thru the good ol' USofA...

my MDs have decided that a lump i've had on my neck for quite some time may in fact be a bigger problem than they originally thought. they can't say it's cancer but they can't say it isn't either (all tests are negative so far but they are still quite concerned).

meanwhile, i have several wonderful healers that believe they can help me a lot with focused attention and hard work... so that's what i'll be doing for the next month. if all goes well... all good. otherwise it's western style surgery and we'll have to wait and see where the dust settles.

so get on out to the shows. they'll be different and i'm sure they'll be fun. if at all possible i plan on joing the boyz for a rockin' good time on the august run.

much love to alla you boneheads!!!

mark karan

http://markkaran.com/

No offical word about Kimock though, just rumors from my understanding.

Sorry, I wasn't posting MK's messege in reply to your question, just posting the info surrounding his absence during July.

But as far I know, its all internet rumor that Kimock is taking his place.

[color:red][edit to add]

Kimock is also supposed to be playing in PA the same night Ratdog is playing in Iowa.

Edited by Guest

Huge get well wishes and vibes to Mark Karan.

I just checked Kimock's web site and it looks like he is still scheduled to play with Zero at Gratefulfest, as that date is sandwiched in between two Ratdog dates. That makes me very happy, as I love Kimock's playing and am stoked to hear him at Gratefulfest.

Peace, Mark

Good move.

It certainly is. I actually want to hear these outcomes. Ratdog has been off my radar for years and years aside from hearing a touch when Robin first joined. Knowing almost nothing, to me this puts Ratdog in the 'interesting' realm again simply because Karan bored me to tears. Hell, they could have added Warren and I would have shat my pants but they went waaaaaaaaaay better. They hit a massive shot on that trade.

I hope nothing is serious with MK and that he recovers quickly.

EM: Who would you like in your rock and roll heaven band?

BW: Jerry on guitar, Paul McCartney on bass, McCoy Tyner on piano; Coltrane on sax, Miles on trumpet; on ’bone, Joshua Roseman. For a drummer, I’m comfortable with my current drummer, Jay Lane. That band would be a jazz MO, we’d take it for a little walk in the woods.

bravo Mr Weir.

EM: Who would you like in your rock and roll heaven band?

BW: Jerry on guitar, Paul McCartney on bass, McCoy Tyner on piano; Coltrane on sax, Miles on trumpet; on ’bone, Joshua Roseman. For a drummer, I’m comfortable with my current drummer, Jay Lane. That band would be a jazz MO, we’d take it for a little walk in the woods.

bravo Mr Weir.

what instrument would Weir play?