Dave Lauzon with guest Jay Robinson,July 20,Collingwood,Ontario

allison

l_0c37eed5c3753a6986cfd071897afb12.jpg

Dave Lauzon with guest Jay Robinson

July 20,2007

9:30 pm

The Huron House

94 Pine Street, Collingwood, Ontario

Anyone wanting to come up from farther afield is welcome to camp in my backyard(about a ten minute walk from the Huron House,walking crooked and falling down twice)-just pm me with references and bribes.

Anyone with kids in the vicinity, Dave and I are teaching a music visualization workshop for 7-13 yr olds on the Friday afternoon.Dave runs through how he usues the language of music to express thoughts and emotions in his own compositions,I tie it to the language of images and symbols, and then the kids enjoy a Dave concert while painting what his music makes them "see". Pretty cool.

Dave is doing the same workshop as above but for adults and free,on July 21 at 1pm.

For that matter Jay and I are teaching a class on July 16 where kids make there own storytelling floor drums,Jay teaches them rythmn and basic music terms and forms a band with the kids and some of his own bandmates.Also cool.

Workshop info here

Hope to see some of you there...

(Can't figure out why the poster looks fuzzy)

Edited by Guest

For that matter Jay and I are teaching a class on July 16 where kids make there own storytelling floor drums,Jay teaches them rythmn and basic music terms and forms a band with the kids and some of his own bandmates.Also cool.

You mean Brent is helping me out again! Right on.

Oh also

http://www.myspace.com/davidlauzon (in case you dont already know) &

http://www.myspace.com/jrobinsonmusic

Edited by Guest

[color:red]HOLY FAACK!

That show was off the charts, through the roof, and then some!

About 15 minutes into Dave's first set, the crowd pushed the chairs and tables aside. The music got very intense. The dancing was borderline mosh-pit crazy at times. There was praying and worship going on?! - pretty funkin freaky. Drinks spilling and glass breaking didnt stop long-haired barefoot freaks from tearing up the floor till well after last call. Even the freaks in normal people disguise were letting loose.

Awesome energy all around!

Questions:

Was that the first time Dave played Condor in solo performance? When is the next Dave show in Collingwood? Where were the freakin tapers?!? Fools.

Condor!

Great show Dave! Honored to be there for it!

Questions:

Was that the first time Dave played Condor in solo performance?

Condor!

I don't think Dave has ever done a nero tune in one of his solo shows before. (I know he did "Everlasting Beautiful Night" with nero in January, but I consider that a Dave tune, as he did it solo back in June, 2006.)

And he did Condor? JEOMK.

Where were the freakin tapers?!? Fools.

Logistically challegned fools, thank you very much; if I had had the means to get there, I might have made the trek.

Aloha,

Brad

Huge thanks to Allison for making it possible for me to make the trip and to Jay for opening. Also huge thanks to everyone who came out in Collingwood. The energy was through the roof. It really was the best time I've ever had doing solo stuff.

Here's a set list.

set 1

intro jam->

Autograph

These Days

Zero Capacity

Betty's Funeral

Everlasting Beautiful Night

set 2

The Maker->

Echo The Hills

Condor

Night Turns to Day

With or without you->

improv jam

encore:

improv jam

Edited by Guest

I knew I heard U2....

Great energy for sure, I didn't expect much from Collingwood, but it came through in the end.

Even the freaks in normal people disguise were letting loose.

My sister (who as never been to anything remotely close to a show like this) may be one of the normals you are referring to, she had a great time though, and its true normal girls don't like the smell of hippies.

Do you live in Stayner AWeeJig?

Amazing night...thanks so much to everyone who came out.

Dave...you are the best.I am definetley the luckiest of the whole crew to have taught with you on Friday afternoon,danced my feet off Friday night and enjoyed the novelty of hearing you speak and explain your music to an audience not used to you but intent on listening on Saturday afternoon(Dave gave a brief concert and talk on Saturday afternoon at the local Arts Centre.)

Dave is coming back....details when he figures out his schedule.bradm....if you would be interested in coming to tape please let me know.I may be able to swing something with my arts budget to make that happen.

AWeeJIg.....love you dearly and you can always stay at my house.Until I tell you to leave(LOL).Thanks for getting me to work Sat am(still can't believe I actually pulled that off).

tree troll,Vanagon Scott ,nibbler...whomever else was there who is on this board...thanks.

c-towns...did I meet you?