Jambands.ca

wassabi collective when they still had the marimba players

KarinGarage

i believe i asked this before, but i was wondering if anyone had a copy of a wassabi collective show from when they still had the marimba players. I've tried searching on oink and archive.org, but they only have recant recordings, after their lineup changed. I know some of you are tapers, so i thought I might have a good chance finding a show on here.

please help!!

BradM and I definitely taped a show with the marimbas in Ottawa. But I wouldn't have a clue where to find it in my mess of CDs. Brad?

I'll do some digging; if it's on CD (was that one of those nights in 2003 when we used my mics into your MD recorder, with you doing the transfer/tracking and giving me a CD?), I think I know where it'll be. I don't think I have it on MD (I went through my stack of un-transferred MDs, and it wasn't there), and don't remember recording them with my DAT (which i stopped using April, 2003).

Edit to add: Was it at Deckuf?

Aloha,

Brad

Edited by Guest

If it's the same show I'm thinking about didn't the marimba player miss half the show anyways because of a bad trip?

Oh, now it's coming (flashing, you might say) back to me...I recall the drummer burning a sprig of something (sage? people thought there was a fire in the bar) before the show, one of their members doing people's horoscopes before/between sets, and at least one of their players (it might have been the marimbist) walking off the stage in the middle of a/the set.

Aloha,

Brad

i think i remember them passing their open hands in front of their faces too, eyes opened wider than a virgin at a strip club, saying to themselves "whooosh"

dave-o actually had that look on his face as though he were thinking, "you know, this is great and all, but it would so much better if *I* were up there......"

I found two: 2003-06-12, which I think is the Deckuf show dave-O was talking about, and 2002-11-03 (I assume it's that; it's dated "11.03.02") from the Casbah in Hamilton, with a set list written on the envelope:

Disc 1:

1. Third Way

2. Foi

3. Caravan >

4. Irie Island

5. Faithless

6. Fallin' Free

Disc 2:

1. Blue Women

2. The Drop

3. ?

The source is listed as SBD > DAT > CDR, but I don't know who recorded it or gave it to me.

I doubt I'll have time this week, but I'll try to get them uploaded by next week or so (and will announce each upload when it's ready).

Aloha,

Brad

the (second, I believe) Hamilton show I had once upon a time was superamazing... a favorite listen (think they played a short show at the Casbah then a second bigger one at Pepperjacks within a week or two of each other first time they came through)

will put out some calls to see if I can locate a copy somewheres

Edited by Guest