Jambands.ca

For Food Snobs, Private Chef for Hire

M.O.B.E

So last friday night I did my first job as a private Chef for a dinner party for 10 people. In Total including food and wine for 3 of courses I spent $280. I got paid $300 for around 5 hours work. Best job Ive ever had. Today I am making 10 platters for a party for a job I got from last week's dinner. Ive gotten 3 more jobs just from the people who were at this dinner party. I figure by Christmas time I wont have to work at a job anymore if things keep rolling at this pace. The phone is ringing of the hook. Im starting to wonder why I didnt start doing this years ago cuz it blows working in a restaurant out of the water. Here is the menu I did last week incase anyone is interested.

[color:blue]Friday, the Seventeenth of August

This evening’s menu was created and prepared especially for you. I have chosen a Canadian style for my preparations. Canadian style is defined by its melting pot of ingredients both foreign and domestic combined in each dish. This can also be classed as fusion cooking. I have 5 courses planned for you and I am positive you will love every bite. I have also selected some Canadian wines to be served with the 3 main dishes.

First Course

Cherry wood British Columbia smoked salmon, Apple Cider pickled celery and cucumber inside a roasted hazelnut crepe and a Horseradish crème fraiche.

Amuse e Bouche

Chipotle smoked Pork loin with a black bean ragout and cucumber slaw.

Intermezzo

Fennel and Onion sprout salad with a Moroccan spiced yogurt.

L’entrée

Ontario Angus Beef Tenderloin topped with Cashew encrusted goat cheese, served with sautéed shitake mushrooms and Herb Roasted Red Russet potatoes and Drizzled with a Chocolate Port reduction.

En Fin

Grilled Pineapple spears and Banana Mousse with a Rum Caramel sauce.

Bon Apetit

Steven Little C.C.C.

That's cool. Did they pay for your costs as well or did you only make 20 bucks? ;)

yeah and I gave them the my lips on their assholes service ;)

I got an offer you cant refuse:

25$

A box of wine

a few tokes off Precious

so long as you provide Haute Dogs whenever a member of my party is craving one

make it

$30

a bottle of Brights $5 sherry with the paper bag on it

10 hits of hippie crack

and I'll serve cocktail weenies to whoever you want on Parliment Hill.

Edited by Guest

This is very cool M.O.B.E. Congratulations on the career-move. It sounds like the right direction.

I suspect it is just a matter of time before I will need to retain your services. I am keeping this in mind, for sure, and will also mention this to others.

Do you specialize in any style of food?

Do you specialize in any style of food?

Not really, I like to mix things up but I can do almost anything right down to Kosher/Halaal ;) and if I cant I for sure give it my all to learn.

I like to find out what people like or want and then give them something in a menu that satisfies their wants/likes/needs and my need to create something new every time. If the people I cook for can give me specifics it makes things really easy for both of us.

Did I mention...I like to give my friends real good deals to make sure they are well fed?? Nothing makes me happier than seeing the smiles and looks of amazement at my food. Thats the reason I cook.

The cheapest way is to just invite him over for dinner. Then, when he shows up say "I just got to go to the market and get a few things. Wanna join me?"

It'll all flow from there. When you guys realize you're making a feast, then invite more people and you've got a dinner party ;)