Jambands.ca

GREATEST RECORDED CANADIAN PERCUSSION...

artmastertilt

Does it have to be big name players? If so, there's a short list isn't there? Only famous one I can think of:

Johnny Fay (is he actually good?) - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Johnny_Fay

These guys are all good and would be hilarious to interact with on video.

Gary Taylor - http://www.kevinbreit.com/aboutus.htm

Bob Deveau - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_Theft_Bus

Jay McConnery - www.neroland.com

Neither the size of the name nor the genre of music are an issue...We're just looking for great recorded percussion...

BTW this is for a community radio show on CKMS 110.3 from Waterloo, Ontario called "the First Sound" which is loosely about world percussion...

Well...

Canada's part of the world...

Is it percussion?...

Is it free for us to download?...

Is it Canadian?...

That's what we're looking for...

Thanks for the suggestions Bouche!...

I'm checking out the links right now.

I can play spoons really fucking good. Clickity Clack ma'facker!

If it's radio, you still got gold with those guys. They are the funniest out-spoken and bizarre dudes you can find easily. Their sense-of-humour is above par.

Aside from that, they can tap out paradiddles on everything from beer bottles to tama toms while making you laugh. I hope I didn`t speak out of turn, but when I think of canadian percussionists that I know, these guys always come to mind.

You should do a piece on bass players next. That would be a fun one too!

Edited by Guest

Gary Taylor was amazing on that Fuse recording featuring Kevin Breit and The Creaking Tree String Quartet (or whatever they are called). I dont know if CBC aired his best moments but he nailed that fucking gig. Bouche, I loved telling him that at your wedding reception.

One of my favorite Canadian drummers has always been the dude from Days Of You (I dont believe he was the original) that had that Toronto Maple Leafs tatoo on his right (?) shoulder.

Sorry that I cant help you out very much.

Thanks for the input so far!...

Specifically, we're looking for songs or performances by Canadian percussionists...This can be any genre from classical to jazz to rock to marching percussion to latin percussion to hand percussion to a bunch of guys hammering stuff with hockey sticks...Right now we only have maybe four things...YYZ(of course)...Fungus Amongus by Manteca...Meatroll by Diesel Dog...and a Wassabi Collective tune from an out of print CD from back when they featured mallet percussion...

Great music featuring great percussion performances by great Canadians...

If anyone's got a hookup for some free Woodchopper downloads that feature wonderful percussion music, Waterloo's community radio community will be oh...SO grateful...

there are 6 songs to download at the link posted - did you look there? plus, if waterloo's community radio station has a music library they should be in there. they released stuff on DROG (Dave's Records of Guelph) and Sonic Unyon (Hamilton). See also The Dinner is Ruined (although I hated them)

Clark also played with the Rheostatics up to and including Introducing Happiness.

If anyone's got a hookup for some free Woodchopper downloads that feature wonderful percussion music' date=' Waterloo's community radio community will be oh...SO grateful...[/quote']

there are 6 songs to download at the link posted - did you look there?

We both had trouble getting those links to work, which I found particularly frustrating once I'd become aware of their existence.