Jambands.ca

Just got a new 20" iMac

AdamH

And here are my thoughts:

1. As a first-time Mac user whose played with this for less than an hour, PC users have nothing to fear in making the switch.

2. It is so fucking cool

3. I hate slot drives, they make me nervous. I mean they work fine but they make me nervous

4. The new keyboard is super slick and quiet. If you like clickety-clack it may not be for you.

Bouche we looked at in-store and it's just too big to justify. It would make for uncomfrotable viewing to sit at a desk with that monster.

The 20" made more sense for the room it's in and the house we live in.

In other news I tried a demo of Age of Empires III and may have soiled myself with excitement.

Considering buying a used Mac G4 Powerbook

4yrs old

500 MHz, 256 mb memory, 20 gb hard drive,

Creative Site (photoshop, Indesign, Illustrator installed)

Power adaptor, laptop case and mouse included.

knowing nothing about Mac's or their value, what do you Mac pros think about this machine? and its estimated value?

1. As a first-time Mac user whose played with this for less than an hour, PC users have nothing to fear in making the switch.

Do you mac fanboys ever stop to think that most PC users are completely happy with their computers? I have no fear in switching, I just have absolutely no need in switching.

I hope the next person that buys a PC feels compelled to let everyone here know about it. ;)

(I'm poking fun obviously, glad you're happy with your new computer.)

Considering buying a used Mac G4 Powerbook

4yrs old

500 MHz, 256 mb memory, 20 gb hard drive,

Creative Site (photoshop, Indesign, Illustrator installed)

Power adaptor, laptop case and mouse included.

knowing nothing about Mac's or their value, what do you Mac pros think about this machine? and its estimated value?

Take a peek here. Everymac Page I wouldnt pay any more than $400 for that mind you. Pretty long in the tooth. You would need a bigger HD and more memory to really do anything useful with it nowadays. Mind you if all you are going to do is surf, email and use office. IT should suffice. Also that machine is really 6 years old not 4.

Edited by Guest