Jambands.ca

Rendez-vous des saveurs - Gatineau - Sep 28-30

ollie

I became a fan of Ribs from the Chateau Cartier thanks to the sampling that I was served. I didn't have the appetite that I thought I'd have, which is good, because you could spend a lot of money at one of the places.

Where was bradm? I expected to see his taping gear setup somewhere ;)

Where was bradm?

I intended to go, but got really hungry in the late afternoon, and decided it was better to stay at home and eat a full meal rather than go downtown and across the river and consume bite-by-bite samples*.

Aloha,

Brad

* Yes, I'm aware of the irony in using hunger as a reason to avoid going to a food/wine show.

Edited by Guest

That is unbelievable.

Believe this:

I have a radically different relationship with food compared to most people, and while I might be able to make you understand it (believe it, even), I earnestly hope you never end up in a situation where you have to experience it.

I cannot safely, healthily eat as much as I want of what I want, when I want, arbitrarily. I make hour-by-hour (minute-by-minute, sometimes) decisions about what I eat (and, just as importantly, when I eat it), knowing (in the sense of never forgetting) that there's a significant chance* that something could go seriously, life-threateningly wrong for me if I make a wrong decision.

Could I have gone on Saturday? Maybe/probably, but given that I would have had to eat before I left, that would have limited the amount I could have eaten at the show (even moreso than if I had been in a state where I would be eating my full dinner there), which largely would have defeated the point of going. It also would have increased the chances of something going wrong, and so I decided to play it cautiously.

Further, deponent sayeth not.

Aloha,

Brad

* Not a high chance, but one that must be kept in mind.

Edited by Guest