Jambands.ca

Baseball playoffs!

Freak By Night

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a game last night! Manny is earning his huge salary this playoffs - something A-Rod couldn't do!

I can't see Boston winning this 4 straight though. Cleveland is a good team. I'm expecting a long series.

Cleveland lost the game when Sabathia choked and walked Manny and a run in. Manny's living in a dream world right now.

re: Rockies @ Diamondbacks... nice to be up past 2 am watching LIVE playoff baseball... and once again Jamey Carroll played a key part in the winning run... it's the year of the Lynx!! ;)

Anyone know if Beckett can throw for game 7 if it happens? Cuz if he can, Tribe are sca-rewed.

He can throw for game 7 and he has playoff experience of throwing on 3 days rest...

Beckett threw a five-hit shutout on three days rest to close out the Yankees in Game 6 of the 2003 World Series.

wouldnt this be a 2-day rest situation for beckett at this point? offday today, tomorrow game 6, then back on the hill the next day? i think if they used beckett in game 4, they coulda used him in game 7, no problem.

dice-k is slated to throw game 7, should they get that far... if beckett feels like he can throw, i think francona would be nuts to not use him for at least 4 or 5 innings.. matsuzaka hasnt been cuttin' it for a while now, and if you believe everything you read, it sounds like his head is about to explode from the pressure. maybe start him with a super short leash and have beckett ready for a long relief type situation? who knows.. boston's pitching wasnt supposed to fall down to one guy, you know? you'd like to think you could rely on a guy thats costing you over a hundred million dollars.

i think schilling's gonna step up, though.. and red sox nation's gonna be amped up... but i think the game will be decided by how well carmona pitches, not schilling.

down to the rox and the sox now...

i thought dice-k pitched pretty good last nite, considering his last few outings and the fact that he probably piled heaps of pressure on himself.. i still have a problem with pitchers only going 5 innings and that being a "good" outing, but thats kinda the way baseball is these days... their bullpen was great last nite. okajima > papelbon for 4 innings has gotta be a nightmare, especially knowing if the ship starts to go down, it doesnt get any easier with the ace in waiting.

they got the breaks they needed (manny throwing out lofton at 2nd, lofton being held at 3rd), and then the bats just exploded - pedroia's homer was just a monster.

i loved manny's quote after the game about the play where lofton was held up, responding to whether he was coming home or to 2nd with the ball... "no man, i was just gonna hit the cut-off man and let him deal with it", hahah..

so francis vs. beckett game 1. in this generation of post-season showdowns, i dont think it gets much better than going against beckett in boston... good luck to the big southpawed canadian, and i hope the rockies can pick it back up again after this layoff..