Jambands.ca

Rescue Me Season 5 expands...

Jaimoe

It looks like next season's Rescue Me will be 22 episodes, a full season on normal network TV. Of course this could lead to a watering-down of the season, but as long as Denis keeps on writing the majority of the episodes, we fans should have little to worry about. Read all about it:

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117975207.html?categoryid=1417&cs=1&p=0

I've enjoyed this season as much as last, even though the intensity has admittedly dropped. If you keep the intensity going all the time would inevitably get predictable too, plus you'd have to kill off some more original characters. I think it's the funniest season so far. Some of the episodes are the funniest bits of comedy I've seen this year including movies.

Edited by Guest

I've enjoyed this season as much as last, even though the intensity has admittedly dropped. If you keep the intensity going all the time would inevitably get predictable too, plus you'd have to kill off some more original characters. I think it's the funniest season so far. Some of the episodes are the funniest bits of comedy I've seen this year including movies.

Don't get me wrong, I've enjoyed this season, but in my opinion the intensity could remain, there is enough characters to shift it from one to another without having to kill people off to accomplish it. As for getting predictable, already starting to happen in my opinon.

on a regular broadcast network

Admittedly I have been an idiot all week' date=' but what? I missed something here?[/quote']

i have no idea if that is true, but (from the first post of the thread) ..

It looks like next season's Rescue Me will be 22 episodes, a full season on normal network TV.

I took that as him saying 22 episodes are normally shot for the regular networks but not as an actually jump in broadcasting. Knowing Jaimoe, he would have stated which network was planning to carry it but I am still concerned because I would have to agree with your point about the language.

No doubt Season 5 will be a major challenge for Leary and the other writers. I know the season will have low points since no show I've ever watched can come up with killer episodes for a 20-26 episode season, see: MASH, WKRP, Cheers, Hill Street Blues, Taxi, The Honeymooners, King of the Hill, early Simpsons, Mary Tyler Moore, Seinfeld, Family Guy, All in the Family, Battlestar Galactica etc...

Honestly, I wouldn't know. I've never put that much thought into watching television or a single television show. I just know what I like and don't like. I like Rescue Me, but I know my interest is slowly decreasing.

Downfall of a live music addiction I guess.

I can see that, gauging by the films coming out now-a-days, although the last time I went to a movie theater was when Blair Witch (pt. 1)came out, except for 'Festival Express' at the Toronto Film festival and last movie I watched was "Be Here To Love Me: A Film About Townes Van Zandt", which coincedently was the first full movie I've watched this year... 028ws9.gif

No doubt Season 5 will be a major challenge for Leary and the other writers. I know the season will have low points since no show I've ever watched can come up with killer episodes for a 20-26 episode season, see: MASH, WKRP, Cheers, Hill Street Blues, Taxi, The Honeymooners, King of the Hill, early Simpsons, Mary Tyler Moore, Seinfeld, Family Guy, All in the Family, Battlestar Galactica etc...

you should watch the first 3-4 seasons of The West Wing, if you haven't. You'll regain the faith.

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I finally got into this... and seasons 1-4 were awesome! Probably got through all of it in a month! I can't wait to see season 5... anyone know when it's going to start?!

Maybe season 4 was weak compared to the other 3... but it was still pretty good. I don't know why people complain so much around here! I think it sets the table pretty good for season 5... and no doubt if and when they ever wrap it up... it going to go like fire crackers.

I liked Season IV - it had some of the funniest episodes. Season IV was more of transition season.

Season V will air not until next year at some point. Probably in March, although don't rule out the fall of '09. It will be an expanded season though: see about posts.