Jambands.ca

Ideas - Breakfast for 12

Ms Zimmy

Hey

I am catering a breakfast here at work for 12. It will be in our boardroom at 8am. This is for law students and a few profs.

We don't have a kitchen (other then microwave and toaster) so I was thinking cheese, fruit, smoothie bar, good coffee, bubbly wine and orange. I will make some bread, (not sure what kinds yet, any ideas?) and maybe some croissants (or I'll buy the croissants) and maybe make a warm potato dish.

Does anyone have any good ideas that I can add or substitute? It is Monday morning so I will have all Sunday to prepare.

Oh, I was thinking about making it vegetarian because that's what I am and most people are fine with that. What do you think?

Thanks for the help!

Fresh bagels (bought, even) and cream cheese (with or without lox) might work.

Aloha,

Brad

Yeah, I'd be looking for some bagels. But make sure you get cream cheese. We had a catered breaky at work recently that had loads of bagels but no cream cheese. Colossal waste.

Maybe some hard boiled eggs?

You can spruce up the cream cheese on the Sunday before if you want to get fancy. Lox is good, fresh herbs, lemon, strawberries.... it's a good creative vessle. Serve it with pita as well for anyone who may be watching their carbs.

bouche did a sweet potato thing for breakfast on the weekend that was super good. He made them like homefries, but served them cold on a bed of greens with a drizzle of a blueberry vinegrette.

And you just can't go wrong with berries and melons. Everyone likes melons. ;)

You can make crepes or buy them in the store pre-made as well. They are good served cold with fresh fruit or a fruit compote.

Good luck and have fun!

I think that if you were going to serve bagels, it'd be good to slice them into pieces, maybe quarter each half of the bagel (when cut across to split them open), so that people don't have to take a whole one. (That'd probably be a good idea with the other bread products, too, maybe serve up half [or even quarter] slices of bread, especially if there are different kinds of bread, so that people can get a sample of the different kinds.)

Yogurt (with or without fresh fruit) would be good; maybe yogurt cheese?

And don't forget little signs indicating what's what.

Aloha,

Brad

Terrible ideas thus far. Want a winner?

The night before, go out after work and ensure everyone gets good and drunk. Go home late and order the Dominoes Brooklyn Style Pizza. Get 5 and put them in the fridge. Bring them to the meeting the next morning and open the boxes.

Blammo.