Jambands.ca

I gotta complain to someone!

StoneMtn

Ollie: I can only surmise various psychological motivations for his behaviour, and I presume it has something to do with finally accepting the reality that I have been trying to drill into his head for a year. I think he is coming to accept reality, and is blaming me for it, and hiding his head in the sand hoping things will disappear.

I think you are confused.

I am glad I finally managed to get this guy to fire me as his lawyer; good riddance. The problem is that I merely needed him to take the next step of agreeing to represent himself or get a new lawyer so I can legally avoid next week's trial; where I would have to attend for no reason, and explain an insane situation to a judge.

(I have no clue what you mean about being fired from the courts.)

As I said above, it's all taken care of, anyway.

I do appreciate the good wishes, though.

Okay, both of those things are, in fact true. Hart is correct that the former should not be a priority.

Re the latter, I think it is relevant to mention that the only lawyers in Canada allowed to wear silk gowns are "QCs". We have abolished the QC programme in Ontario, and I think that causes the "latter" benefit of my job to never have as much potential for fun as it could have been in the old days...