Jambands.ca

in need of good vibes...

KarinGarage

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

goddamn hippies..... not that violence is a good thing in any way but sometimes its the only option, if you think otherwise you just havent been put in that type of situation. Maybe if you home was invaded and you or you rloved ones were in danger you would feel differently

what if you hid around the corner WITH THE GUN and yelled to the person, "I HAVE A GUN!!!" think they'd get out or go OK Coral on your ass....i'm thinkin they're running.

that's what i'd do.

Goddamn hippies seems inappropriate since you likely don't know the person who typed it....they could be a 67 year old grandma of 10, you just don't know. like the person who took off the drug addicts leg...none of us know the circumstances...perhaps druggy had a gun, perhaps not....none of us know, therefore anything said in this thread could have been discussed now, later or 10 days from now and none of the consequences would change. its all opinion, which has gotten myself and many others here in lots of awkward situations.

THis is why i requested that we keep this thread positive as per the request and have this perfectly legit conversation in another. Obviously not gonna happen so here's what i think, right or wrong.

If someone was in my house and i owned a gun, i'd reach for it. ownership of a gun MUST come with a rational head and how and when to use it, not just to use it because you have it and have an opportunity.

Not all people against violence are hippies.

Not all people who own guns are idiots, some are.

if you live in a shitty neighbourhood and get held at needle point while people steal your shit, move to a new neighbourhood. If i lived in an area like that (i'd have the forethought not to) my first reaction would be to fortify the doors and windows, NOT buy a gun.

hal johnson needs vibes ;)

most addicts have sold their guns to get drugs, if they ever had one to begin with

i had a person sleeping on my couch in university when i woke up one morning....i didn't shoot him.

Ottawa hates lawnchairs.

If someone was in my house and i owned a gun, i'd reach for it. ownership of a gun MUST come with a rational head and how and when to use it, not just to use it because you have it and have an opportunity.

Not all people against violence are hippies.

Not all people who own guns are idiots, some are.

if you live in a shitty neighbourhood and get held at needle point while people steal your shit, move to a new neighbourhood. If i lived in an area like that (i'd have the forethought not to) my first reaction would be to fortify the doors and windows, NOT buy a gun.

hal johnson needs vibes ;)

couldnt agree with you more....

i did do somehthing about the neighborhood i lived in, i bought a house in the country where i live now and forever. I own many guns all legally used for hunting and thats their purpose but if someone is breaking or whatever and i feel i or my loved ones are in danger... i'm am taking care of it end of story by whatever means

I'm not really the sort of person who would ask for healing "vibes" (nor give them for that matter) but I think mostly a person posting a request is really in need of them themselves..out of shock and concern for someone they care for.AS this community board...though public...isn't all that fucking big,and KarinGarage is a member...why is it so hard to extend some care in how you say something?It's fair enough to say "I'm sorry you are troubled for your friend, though I don't agree with his actions."

It's also fair enough to say "Hey buddy, I hear where you are coming from, but my thoughts are with the person in need of some positivity".

I'm a little surprised by how vehement some of you are about defending your territory and "things"...I like my shit too but damned if I'm going to shoot someone ANYWHERE because of it.Physically threatening my family or loved ones ...I don't know.Probably yes, I have pretty fierce mama bear instincts.

How the hell do you people KNOW the person breaking into your house is a drug addict until after the fact?Isn't that an assumption? I had no idea drug addicts were the new wild game.This board could start it's own game reserve in that case.

That being said...I also understand that if a person experiences something terrible, fear makes it very hard to not react as if every situation afterwards is similiar to the one that caused the trauma.

Gr8ful...I noticed you deleted your post that precipitated all this.That was kind..and overlooked by everyone jumping down your throat for having an opinion.

Schwa...it's pretty fucking pretentious statement to say you wouldn't live there,and would have this wise forethought not too....economics often make that decision for people, and I think far more of your head and heart then to think you don't realize that.

Hal Johnson is a big softy.

What would Bon Jovi do?

How the hell do you people KNOW the person breaking into your house is a drug addict until after the fact?

It was a friend of my brothers that we saw decline from a fun, bright and athletic person that we loved having around to a pathetic, repulsive waste of humanity. They were friends from seventh grade (when we moved to Brantford) until eleventh when he broke in to our house.

As for defending my shit, I've worked very hard to get what I have and have not made much money until this point so my stuff has never been that easy to replace. There's no way in hell I'm letting some fuck take it to buy crack. It might just be stuff but it's my stuff and I like it.

Gr8tful, you sound like a giant redneck that thinks like me and has lots of legal hunting guns and a house in the country....that's getting me all hot and bothered. ;)

i have insurance. i'd be pissed if someone stole my stuff for the inconvenience and possibility of losing something unique, but for 8 bucks a month most of my things are covered. definitely not worth hurting anyone over, and i'm not gonna be stubborn enough to get myself hurt over it either.

hope everyone in the situation comes out of this ok.

KarinGarage is a member...why is it so hard to extend some care in how you say something?It's fair enough to say "I'm sorry you are troubled for your friend, though I don't agree with his actions."

That wasnt the point of my particular response.

I simply wanted to remind people that this is a public message board and if one has internet access they can read whatever you post. I've seen some very private things on this site that have made me shake my head wondering what the member was thinking.

Schwa...it's pretty fucking pretentious statement to say you wouldn't live there,and would have this wise forethought not too....economics often make that decision for people, and I think far more of your head and heart then to think you don't realize that.

But I wouldn't. It did sound all encompassing and pretentious i admit, didn't mean it to. I realize people's income effects where they live, and some don't always have the means to get out. But you can still get some serious locks.

Perhaps "but i wouldn't" should be how it were written....meh, seems to be off topic now somehow.

KarinGarage is a member...why is it so hard to extend some care in how you say something?It's fair enough to say "I'm sorry you are troubled for your friend' date=' though I don't agree with his actions."[/quote']

That wasnt the point of my particular response.

I simply wanted to remind people that this is a public message board and if one has internet access they can read whatever you post. I've seen some very private things on this site that have made me shake my head wondering what the member was thinking.

Members and friends are totally different things. Some "members" blur those lines. I have a few close friends on this board. If I'm in need of some cheering up or advice, I call them.

hmmm, it's my understanding that if a burglar is injured you are still liable, it doesn't matter that they are a burglar (legally). that was what my dad told me and he was a lawyer, although not in that field he seemed pretty sure about that.

I'm pretty sure that either the civil or criminal repercussions hinge on whther the force used is deemed reasonable.As in...in some situations the burglar would have civil or criminal recourse against the property owner if the force was excessive.

I'm not a lawyer by any stretch either though!