Jambands.ca

11 years ago tonight..

Patchoulia

11 years ago tonight, I was living in Kingston, on my way to a Xmas party. I got a call, as I was getting ready for the party, that my dad was being airlifted to a hospital 4 hours away from home (I was about 22 hours away at this point).

The Bouchard boys played a lot of great Dead music that night that lifted my spirits.

I finally got to Thunder Bay the next day as my dad finally got a room at the hospital.

The next morning, I spoke to the doctor and said I was considering going home, via bus, to get the car (and return the rental). He said that would be fine.

I left on the bus and my dad died that night.

And I will say that Booche and Bouche helped me through one of the worst times of my life by playing some great acoustic Dead tunes over the phone for me that night...I specifically remember "Ripple" and "When I Paint My Masterpiece". It really did save me that night, so thanks guys.

Anyway, hug your loved ones, people. You never know for how long they'll be in your life. I'm not looking for sympathy here...just want to remind you to love your loves NOW. :)

And have a great holiday.

xoxo