Jambands.ca

Chef Michael Smith's Home

Ms.Huxtable

I think a lot of (or even most) shows that purport to show a chef in the chef's home kitchen do that. I remember seeing a show about the development of Giada De Laurentiis as a TV chef, and they actually detailed how they searched out a (different) house for each season, took it over (with crew and gear) for the few weeks they took to shoot a season, then left.

Aloha,

Brad

I saw that chefography as well. Alton Brown also showed a 'behind the scenes' episode where he said that they started in a real kitchen, but they couldn't continue filming in the house so they created a set that looked exactly like the original kitchen.

the michael smith thing is odd though. they really make it look like it is his home. it is a home, just not his.

If the Butterfat Contessa is actually married to Jeffrey, I think they may have some issues in thier relationship....they seem so awkward towards each other, and Jeffrey never seems to know where anything is.

"Jeffrey's on his way home from working away all week and if it's Friday night supper it's got to be his favourite, chicken. So Ina's making Chicken Piccatta with creamy buttermilk mash and carmelized Herb Roasted Onions followed by homey Apple and Pear Crisp."

If I was Jeffrey I'd spend as much time in the city as possible as well so I didn't have to always go home to that hectoring, perfectionist whale who never stops with the nervous laughter.

Wow! Tremendous word. Good show old chap.

I'm digging the Barefoot Contessa talk. Such a painfully enjoyable program. Jeffrey is the most uncomfortable person on TV. And every episode I've seen ends with brownies.

I love when the gay florist comes round.

I actually don't mind her show but she gets a bit much after a while. I also hate how everything is just so "perfect" all the time.

I bet that before the two hour drive back to the Hamptons every week, Jeffrey sticks his hang-low into an egg burrito to mask the scent of city skank. And maybe, just maybe, because he likes it. Functional and appealing!

Sorry...One my point...

How can I find the shirts that Ina wears on the show?

Unfortunately, I have my shirts made for me by a dressmaker in NY City. I wanted a certain style and couldn't find it in enough colors, so I had them custom made. The original shirt came from Eileen Fisher, so that's a good place to look.

I could say something horrible here.

Sorry...One my point...
How can I find the shirts that Ina wears on the show?

Unfortunately, I have my shirts made for me by a dressmaker in NY City. I wanted a certain style and couldn't find it in enough colors, so I had them custom made. The original shirt came from Eileen Fisher, so that's a good place to look.

I could say something horrible here.

Something about the question having been mis-interprested, and the person not wanting the same style/make/model of shirt, but wanting the shirts Ina actually wore during the filiming of her show? (And unwashed, presumably.)

Aloha,

Brad