Jambands.ca

Went to Raptors game today

Chewie

WOW! what a great game! screw the Leafs...this is a product I enjoy watching!

btw' date=' 116-109 Raps in Double OT!

yeah, yeah rich stadium...[/quote']

Guess you lost my invite?

What's in it for me?

Not only did I have 10 seats 4 rows up behind the visitors' bench, I also had 2 courtside today...I hooked up Basher's dad and bro in the courtsides....seriously, who loves me, baby?

Edited by Guest

I don't really follow any sports these days (just can't find the time to do so) but still like watching the odd game of most team sports. I brought my son to a Raptors game over the Christmas holidays, and we both really enjoyed it, even though the Raptors didn't play that well (against Detroit) and lost, and even though we were sitting way up high in the 300's. It was still lots of fun, and there was great energy in the ACC ... the Raptors have a good thing going, that's for sure ... good entertainment value, certainly much better than most Leaf games in my opinion.

Peace, Mark

And if Bargnani wasn't so terrible this year and Ford was healthy, the Raptors would be a much better team.

I think Andrea will be a good player, but will he be a better pro than #2 pick from the same draft LaMarcus Aldridge or 2006 Rookie of the Year Brandon Roy (#6)? I'm unsure. And if the Raps had picked Aldridge, they'd be a much bigger threat in the East. Oh well, at least they ain't the Heat or the hilarious mess called The Knicks.

You don't think that rebounding and defence are taught to a young player? Some people tend to have inherent talent in those categories but it still needs to be learned. Especially by someone who isn't really an inside force.

I don't disagree with you about the will and effort though. Whether Andrea has those I am not sure...

You may not be able to teach tough as you can't really teach attitudes, but you can encourage behaviours. Meaning you can motivate Bargnani to be tough...and if anyone can do it its Mitchell.

Everyone thought that Bosh was too thin and wiry and while Bargs is no Bosh, it can't hurt that he's got Bosh in the locker room with him.

But maybe I have too much faith in the dinos...

I don't see the season being a write-off yet. We're less than half way through. True its no minor slump but he's got plenty of time to turn it around.

It's too bad really, everyone had such high hopes for Andrea and maybe that got to his head...hopefully he realises soon that he's gotta work his butt off