Jambands.ca

Grateful Dead - Hamilton 1992

Esau.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn, I wish we had digital cameras back then. I only took my camera on a few tours and was focused on concert shots and not of the scene. I regret that now. I've got some good lot scenes shots from Buckeye in '91 (when the Violent Femmes opened!!!!) and some good video of the lot at Soldier Field in '92 too. Gotta get those transferred soon.

i had my best shows at Soldier Field, including the last ever Grateful Dead show. a strange vibe in the air that night - the last show of the tour from hell.

the nicest thing is that our Chitown pals, Julie, Jeanne, Jen and Jason (the J-sisters) were lucky to have convinced their mom to come to the show the night before. so, she was able to see the fatman before he died.

Damn, I wish we had digital cameras back then. I only took my camera on a few tours and was focused on concert shots and not of the scene. I regret that now. I've got some good lot scenes shots from Buckeye in '91 (when the Violent Femmes opened!!!!) and some good video of the lot at Soldier Field in '92 too. Gotta get those transferred soon.

I was at that Buckeye show in 91 as well... worst story ever for me... friend who drove myself Cowboy and another friend had to be back to get his dad to work at 9 am the next day instructed us that we were leaving at setbreak... WTF?

Cowboy should tell the rest of this story... peaking on doses in the back seat of the car :)

Roger McGuinn opened, but there was that spectacular fireworks dispaly after the encore.

Wang Dang Doodle opener :thumbup:

right..thanks

good times for sure!

Cowboy should tell the rest of this story... peaking on doses in the back seat of the car

dude I was peekin' at 90% of the Dead shows I saw.

(On the bright side we were able to catch the 1st set Rueben & Cerise :thumbup:)

I had that enormous lip thing going on from being bit by a spider the night before while sleeping in Stefens dungeon of a basement :crazy:

Hamilton `92 it was on shroomies though, and we styled in a wicked RV we rented.