Jambands.ca

Video help: 8mm > DVD convert

backbacon

I'm going to be in the process of doing that with a bunch of tapes that i've got too ... i don't have a camera anymore either. If I borrow one from work, and get a DVD burner, I could probably help you out.

I'll be trying this in the next couple of weeks, or sooner.

I've got a MIniDVD camera that i've had for just over a year now. Most of the time it's been on the shelf broken. Got it fixed before our Florida trip and it still doesn't work well. I much prefer cameras with cassettes, or the newer hard drive ones. grrrrr.

I'm in the same boat except I have an 8mm camera that is flakey as hell.

When I load a tape and press play it might run for a couple of seconds before beeping and auto-ejecting the cassette. Sometimes it won't load or play at all. Anyone know how to fix this one?

I've actually got a bunch of 8mm film that I'd love to covert. I have an assortment of old video cameras and such. Send me a link to the specific tape format you've got and I'll see if I've got a camera that will play it. If so, I could record from the old camera onto my new digital one, then dump it on the computer and output it into whatever format you'd prefer.

Although, not 8mm figure I may as well throw this out there.

I have a ton of VHS-Cs with my cannabis cup footage (including Rita Marley's performace at the Melkweg on awards night) from 1997, but my camera has stopped working. I have a DVD recorder but just need the VHS adapater or camera to be able to convert. I know I can pay to have them converted but in all honesty, a lot of the footage I'd rather not have some stranger watching.

I've looked around for the adapter but couldn't find one. Anyone have the cassette adapter for VHS-C tapes or know where to get one? And buying online isn't an option.

Yup, I've got a camera right here that takes that casette. I pulled one out of it to compare and it looks exact.

The camcorder is a Sharp VL-E47C. Here's a picture of it:

viewcam.gif

There's a composite video out connector on the side. We'd just need something to record onto I guess. I wonder if I've got a PC that will accept that input. Hmmm...

Although, not 8mm figure I may as well throw this out there.

I have a ton of VHS-Cs with my cannabis cup footage (including Rita Marley's performace at the Melkweg on awards night) from 1997, but my camera has stopped working. I have a DVD recorder but just need the VHS adapater or camera to be able to convert. I know I can pay to have them converted but in all honesty, a lot of the footage I'd rather not have some stranger watching.

I've looked around for the adapter but couldn't find one. Anyone have the cassette adapter for VHS-C tapes or know where to get one? And buying online isn't an option.

That's interesting; I had a friend here just the other night that was looking for the same thing. Unfortunately I don't seem to have one in my media archives. I'll make sure he lets me know how he resolves his situation so that I can share it with you.

The camcorder is a Sharp VL-E47C.

There's a composite video out connector on the side. We'd just need something to record onto I guess. I wonder if I've got a PC that will accept that input. Hmmm...

Composite vid out.. are you're talking RCA? An RCA Vid and an RCA aud out (or 2 aud outs?)? Does your computer have S-vid in? I have a RCA > S-Vid connector.

No that gets a bit harder. You can play it back through a projector and film what's on screen with a vid camera. The best is to take the film to a lab that can essentially scan the film and make it into a digital movie (much more expensive).

We've got a bunch of 8mm film reels too ... haven't done anything with them yet.

No that gets a bit harder. You can play it back through a projector and film what's on screen with a vid camera. The best is to take the film to a lab that can essentially scan the film and make it into a digital movie (much more expensive).

We've got a bunch of 8mm film reels too ... haven't done anything with them yet.

I guess I could scan in each frame myself and animate them too. Time consuming and messy.