Jambands.ca

Electric Kool Aid Acid Test - The Movie

bONES

listening to Tales From The Golden Road on The Grateful Dead channel on sirius, David Gans mentioned that Gus Van Sant owns the rights to The Electric Kool Aid Acid Test and it is rumoured that it will be his next movie!:crazy:

cool

...so I did an allmovie.com search and found

Gus Van Sant directs the big-screen adaptation of Tom Wolfe's nonfiction book about author Ken Kesey and his Merry Pranksters as they traveled around the country tripping on LSD in a psychedelic bus on their way from California to the 1964 New York World's Fair.

Gus Van Sant - Director

Richard N. Gladstein - Producer

Lance Black - Screenwriter

Tom Wolfe - Book Author

There's a lot of raw footage from the Prankster's bus TRIPS out there (days and days upon days of it), so I wouldn't think it would be hard to draw ideas/scenes out of that.. The only thing that worries me is finding actors/actresses that can really take in the roles and present it the way it should be.. I always have a hard time believing actors' portrayal of a real scene or event especially after reading The Electric Kool Aid Acid Test so many times!

But I wish them luck and I really hope it rocks!

I'm not sure if it's complete yet, but Zane Kesey (son of Ken) is having the Further bus restored.

060112_keseybus_hmed.hmedium.jpg

Ken Kesey’s original magic bus being restored

Rainbow-painted ‘Further’ may yet run again

The 1939 International Harvester bus that author Ken Kesey and the Merry Pranksters drove into psychedelic history in 1964 sits on the Kesey family farm in Pleasant Hill, Ore. Stored in a swamp for 15 years, the bus has been hauled out for restoration.

article here