Jambands.ca

Pemberton Festival (Petty, The Hip, MMJ, etc.) - July 25th to 27th

Hartamophone

I know there's not much love for the Left Coast around these parts, but this looks like it'll be quite the show. Just down the road from Whistler - not a bad setting, I don't think. Can't wait for my first full summer in BC.

COLDPLAY

TOM PETTY and The Heartbreakers

NINE INCH NAILS

JAY-Z

THE TRAGICALLY HIP

THE FLAMING LIPS

SERJ TANKIAN

DEATH CAB FOR CUTIE

INTERPOL

MY MORNING JACKET

SAM ROBERTS BAND

METRIC

BLACK MOUNTAIN

VAMPIRE WEEKEND

THE CRYSTAL METHOD DJ SET

DJ SHADOW w/ Cut Chemist

BOOKA SHADE . JUNKIE XL . DAVE SEAMAN . WINTERSLEEP . BUCK 65 . SECRET MACHINES . SIA . MSTRKRFT . DEADMAU5 . BRAZILIAN GIRLS . MGMT . THE FIERY FURNACES . MATES OF STATE . GRAND OLE PARTY . CAROLINA LIAR . THE AIRBORNE TOXIC EVENT . MONTE NEGRO . LOW VS DIAMOND . ANNIE STELA . M.A.N.D.Y. . TOMMIE SUNSHINE . CHROMEO . 3 Oh! 3 . KEVIN SHIU . TIMELINE . TONY PANTAGES .

http://www.pembertonfestival.com

Edited by Guest

holy shit. where did this come from?

fantastic headliner lineup and setting. the undercard is kinda weak and the tickets are really expensive and don't include camping. but wow, that's really cool. i hope they can pull it off. ambitious.

holy shit. where did this come from?

That's exactly what I wanted to know. It was completely off of my radar.

I agree that there aren't the high-quality hidden bands there, but even the second-tier ones on the lineup (Black Mountain, MMJ, Metric etc.) should be stellar. The location is also a big draw. I think my Sasquatch plans just got scrapped (especially since I can see the REM/Modest Mouse/National tour in Vancouver).

I know there's not much love for the Left Coast around these parts

huh?!?!

I love BC myself and miss living there quite a lot actually.

That festival looks great to me!

I'd love to make it out there for it, but music has taken a dive on my list of priorities.

huh?!?!

I'd love to make it out there for it, but music has taken a dive on my list of priorities.

Oh, I wasn't implying that there are any negative sentiments towards BC on here, just that most of the people who post here are based in Ontario or East, so West Coast events don't get much attention.

You used to live in Victoria, didn't you?

huh?!?!

I'd love to make it out there for it' date=' but music has taken a dive on my list of priorities.[/quote']

Oh, I wasn't implying that there are any negative sentiments towards BC on here, just that most of the people who post here are based in Ontario or East, so West Coast events don't get much attention.

You used to live in Victoria, didn't you?

I lived on Vancouver Island (Victoria, Saanich Peninsula, Lake Cowichan) and also in the Slocan Valley (Winlaw) and Nelson. I lived in BC for roughly 12 years before coming back to Ontario.

It would be great to come back for this festival, but I doubt it will happen!

i am planning to be in BC in July, so I might just make this... Did I mention tickets are super expensive?

Uuuhhh, yeah I think so. They went all out in the headliner department, which obviously drives the price up. They could have dropped two of those headliners and it would still be a top-shelf - and presumably less pricey - endeavour; I wonder if they gave that any thought, or if they just tried to get whomever they could. Not much rhyme or reason to the lineup, it doesn't look like.