Jambands.ca

Sufjan Stevens

LJFH

well, funnily enough, I ended up talking to his booking agent....I just emailed and asked about the possiblity of getting the swell season to ottawa and he/she responded and we've been chatting a bit. He/she said that the NAC would be a great venue for him...

well, funnily enough, I ended up talking to his booking agent....I just emailed and asked about the possiblity of getting the swell season to ottawa and he/she responded and we've been chatting a bit. He/she said that the NAC would be a great venue for him...

Would he draw enough at the NAC? The Swell Season might (largely due to how well known "Once" is), but I don't think Sufjan Stevens is a big enough name for it.

Aloha,

Brad

Sufjan is pretty great. I'm a fan. However, I think NAC might be a bit ambitious. If i'm not mistaken, I think he played the National last time he was in Montreal, and that's certainly a step or 3 down from NAC in terms of capacity and booking cost.

actually, a bit of googling shows me that capacity of the National is 850 with people standing and the back of the room cleared out (which I've never seen happen there), which is about 250 more than I thought it was. What's capacity at NAC?

i have pristine audio of a toronto show from a few years ago, it's incredible. i'll post it on monday.

That was recorded at Lee's palace and was broadcast on CBC. I think you can still find it on the RAdio 3 archives.

Sufjan is an incredible artist, with mad ambition, but it look like he's faltered a little in the last few years. Greeting from Michigan is a great album, but Illinoise is the swan song... although he does have an album called Seven Swans, but that's beside the point.

Southam Hall - 2,323

Theatre - 897

4th Stage - 150

Booking fees for Southam Hall (not including box office charges, etc)

One performance

$5,700

Two performances (same day)

$9,000

Three performances (same day)

$12,000

Television

$9,980

Plus

The higher of the following two amounts: 2% of gross receipts, less tax, or the minimum guarantee for each performance and for each date used, which is $640.

Booking fees for the Theatre

Base Fee

One performance

$1,800

Two performances (same day)

$2,850

Three performances (same day)

$4,135

Television

$3,550

Plus

The higher of the following two amounts: 2% of gross receipts, less tax, or the minimum guarantee for each performance and for each date used, which is $180

i have pristine audio of a toronto show from a few years ago' date=' it's incredible. i'll post it on monday.[/quote']

That was recorded at Lee's palace and was broadcast on CBC. I think you can still find it on the RAdio 3 archives.

yup, that's where i ripped it from. you have to hear the version of Star Spangled Banner he does. Fantastic.

Sufjan is an incredible artist, with mad ambition, but it look like he's faltered a little in the last few years. Greeting from Michigan is a great album, but Illinoise is the swan song... although he does have an album called Seven Swans, but that's beside the point.

Does he still plan to do one album per state?

i have pristine audio of a toronto show from a few years ago' date=' it's incredible. i'll post it on monday.[/quote']

you have to hear the version of Star Spangled Banner he does.

Agreed!

Definitive versions of upper peninsula and Chicago too...