Jambands.ca

Concert for Burma - Ottawa

bouche

i'm sorry for making that complaint, i was just a bit sad that night about the turnout, but it didn't last long. i had a great time at the show too. i'd never organized a show before and it was really fun!

i am very very happy with what we all managed to contribute and with the results! :)

thanks everyone for your encouragement.

i have a bunch of people to thank...will post again shortly!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

$1005! woohoo!

got tipped over the 1000 mark yesterday with some kind donations. and one more cheque is still coming in the mail... :)

moneys were given today and will go on to help burmese cyclone victims, via a network of monks.

THANK YOU to everyone who donated to this and to everyone who made efforts to help with the event. my deepest thanks to some skanks...

* the lovely ms. huxtable for donating a great room for bob

* bouche and stoned phillips for prize donations

* booche and bouche for their infectious enthusiasm all night...very uplifting

* the murder plans for donating 1/2 of their merch sales (and booche for buying all their merch)

* my private benefactor and other skanks who donated although not in attendance (shouts out to dr. j, meggo, barcode & krissi!)

* those who bought tickets even though they couldn't come

* those who came out to support this cause

* aaaand especially velvet who helped with just about every aspect, you're the best!

hope i haven't forgotten someone!

y'all rock and have absolutely SAVED MANY LIVES! :) good work.

anyone who didn't get a chance but would like to help out now, you can do so HERE

cheers

Thanks again phorbesie

That was superfantastic. I had a grand time. You are definitely a natural. Like, Robert Redford-style in The Natural.

d406a22fc1.jpg

ef67f66c17.jpg

4ed5379656.jpg

And this is what you did to us...............

98122675a5.jpg

The funny thing about the shirt I bought, originally it appeared that the birds were music notes. Fucking brilliant.

Congratulations Heather!

You took on a huge project with no experience in the field and made it work at every level. Your dedication and perserverence are to be admired and you deserve to feel proud of yourself. Lots of people shake their heads in dismay when disaster strikes around the world and I'm ecstatic that I find myself entangled with someone who takes in upon themselves to step up to bat.

Good on you Heather, way to go.