Jambands.ca

Concert for Burma - Ottawa

bouche

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

n723505136_3239850_7005.jpg

bob wiseman was great. I loved the other bands. The Tony D trio (monkey junk) had some sweet bluesy rock. Bradm suggested them paired up with Bullmoose as a killer show and he'd be right. The last band, "The Murder Plains" need to be seen. I believe they are local, so we have something to be proud about in Ottawa. They were a huge surprise and kept us there. I thought we might leave after Wiseman, but these guys brought some game.

thank you so much to those that came out!

as disappointed as i am with the turnout it's not worth dwelling on.

it made me realize just how special those few of you who came are. i am grateful for such friends. and i'm glad the music was enjoyed by all. everyone there - the musicians, staff and guests - had such a great attitude all night!! i am not discouraged. i remain hopeful.

most importantly, thanks to the generosity of those i just mentioned, we did raise money for burma! all moneys have not been collected but i think we might have made about 800$ for burma, which will help a lot of people. Yay! :)

i have the bestest cousins in the world :)

i know I said this half drunk last night, but I'm really amazed and proud of my cuz for pulling off that feat last night. In such a short amount of time you:

1. nailed 3 killer acts

2. flew in a major headliner

3. booked a show at barrymores on a saturday night

4. pulled off a top notch silent auction (that was a really good auction!)

5. received pre-press from ottawa citizen, cbc radio, tv and internet sites like jambands.ca ;)

I would put my money and time towards any event that you put on in the future. You are very good at this. Hey, wanna help me put on a show for October?

so thank you very much for putting that together.

as a side note, the bartenders were telling me to take the tips I was leaving to the Burma jar.

amazing.

thank you so much to those that came out!

as disappointed as i am with the pathetic turnout and most of my friends, it's not worth dwelling on.

Sorry I couldn't be in Ottawa. I tried to get other Ottawans (non-Skanks) to go out to this in my stead, but they were lame and wouldn't go.

We were unfortunately out of town all weekend Heather, but great work pulling this together. From my limited experience doing charity concerts it seems like it takes years to build up a "brand" ie. an annual event that people/sponsors become more and more familiar with. Don't be discouraged!

as disappointed as i am with the pathetic turnout and most of my friends, it's not worth dwelling on.

Yeah, try not to dwell on that, too frustrating...cough Blues for Kids cough...

Like Hux, I know from experience that when fund-raising the results seldom match one's expectations, so you learn to adjust as you go. To have provided folks with world class music, a good time and an opportunity to contribute (to the tune of $800) to a worthy cause is an absolutely wonderful endeavour on many levels. Remember....no regrets.

Congrats, Heather!