Jambands.ca

Onions

bouche

As I sit here eating onion after onion I wonder if this is strange. My wife doesn't like to eat raw onion even on a salad. I can eat them plain and whole with delight. Nevermind cooked and seasoned... onions are one of my favorites!

What are your thoughts on onions?

I love green, red, spanish, and even cooking onions. If I'm making tacos (or anything with diced onion as a topping) I continually pick at them. They're great with cheese!

Hahaha

My friends grandmother used to put a whole cooking onion on the microwave for 2-3 minutes then let it cool and eat it like an apple. weird

that is weird. does she put the telephone in the sink and wash it and then try and make soup out of it too?

well, I can't say that I tuck into raw onions much, but I will say they are a VITAL component to most everything I make that isn't sweet.

I love red onions grilled on the BBQ, low heat, cover down, tossed in olive oil, lemon juice (fresh of course), garlic, s & p.

I LOVE whole green onions grilled on the BBQ until they char, a revelation in eating green onions! Try it!! A little olive oil, s & p and slap them on - goes great with anything, particularly a nice steak. But anything really.

I love vidalia onions turned into onion rings.

I love diced shallots - a little goes a long way - they can be potent, mixed with lemon juice (fresh, of course) and Dijon mustard and put that on a soiled shoe and you'll tuck right in.

awesome..I too LOVE onion (but not quite as much as garlic)

In the spring I dug up tons of wild leeks from my property and brought them to school to munch on all day (my poor students).

put a whole cooking onion on the microwave for 2-3 minutes then let it cool and eat it like an apple. weird

A woman I lived with used to do that too. She even had this plastic onion that separated and you would put it in that before popping it into the microwave. I would never remember to try it and still haven't.

hmmmm...mic'd onion for breakfast ???

I LOVE whole green onions grilled on the BBQ until they char, a revelation in eating green onions! Try it!! A little olive oil, s & p and slap them on - goes great with anything, particularly a nice steak. But anything really.

I tried the grilled green onions last night with grilled salmon. They were pretty good. Thanks for the suggestion!

Edited by Guest

I tried the grilled green onions last night with grilled salmon. They were pretty good. Thanks for the suggestion!

We're having salmon tonight and have a bunch of green onions in the fridge. Great idea!

Here's why it would be great if some of you would get using your digital cameras and put together some posts for Foodeeze.com

http://www.foodeeze.com/2008/07/grilled-scallions-side-dish.html

I had to take Jaybone's post and make it a reality for the blog. I would have loved to see him do it!

You just need a google/blogger account and then let me know what it is and I can give you rights to post. It is as simple as that! We all need a community recipe book man.

If you guys have cameras, just take that time between prep steps and take a photo. at the end of the evening, or later in the week, piece your meal or dish together for blogger using the interface. Post it and we'll all have an archive of our favourite recipes and techniques.